• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks for the tip on the HPRB meetings I'll try to make the one on the 6th. Will I need to ask questions or will everything be read out loud? Just wondering what the meetings are like and if I need to be prepared with anything or if just taking notes will help me submit lucky #3 application that hopefully goes through.

I'd classify it more a "hearing", not a meeting. They are there to rule on applicants appealing MSP denials. It's not like they assemble to converse with a party not before them. Then again, they are fast and loose, so who knows what advise they may offer if you can get one's ear before or after they proceed. You can witness the hearings, just like in a courtroom gallery. Some applicant's hearings are closed however.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    First Off WTF does Your "Clearance" have to do with getting Training...

Second, WTF does the OPM Hack have to do with anything too?

I believe the logic is you have a working knowledge of specific classified information. If the information is classified at a high enough level, its dissemination is likely to cause damage to national security INCLUDING the loss of Humint assets and other critical secrets.

The OPM breach was a disaster where a large number of employees with access to such information was taken by our enemies. This information is so detailed as to include the employee's entire work/life background and their families entire work/life background. It would also contain notes and information related to any polygraphs the employee may or may not have taken.

The leak of this information puts the classified information at risks as well as the employee who has specific knowledge of the classified information and arguably their families as well.

The leak puts a giant target on your back. The bad guys would have no problem kidnapping an employee or family member to get access to this type of information.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I have been known to chortle and guffaw on occassion, but bigfoot is correct, mostly you sit and watch rights being denied, and are rarely rewarded by witnessing what passes for justice.

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    I believe the logic is you have a working knowledge of specific classified information. If the information is classified at a high enough level, its dissemination is likely to cause damage to national security INCLUDING the loss of Humint assets and other critical secrets.

The OPM breach was a disaster where a large number of employees with access to such information was taken by our enemies. This information is so detailed as to include the employee's entire work/life background and their families entire work/life background. It would also contain notes and information related to any polygraphs the employee may or may not have taken.

The leak of this information puts the classified information at risks as well as the employee who has specific knowledge of the classified information and arguably their families as well.

The leak puts a giant target on your back. The bad guys would have no problem kidnapping an employee or family member to get access to this type of information.

took the words outa my mouth and why all the "WTF" comments from the first guy, thought everyone in here was on the same team?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

You forgot the possibility of bio-metric data...

If you have ever been fingerprinted, those digital images are kept as a future reference.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV

"Haven't Heard of any Kidnappings"... I totally understand the Classification Process I have a Secrete in a Foreign Country...and had one for over 30 Years...

My Point was related to the Conceal Carry Process through the suspect organization noted in the thread of being nefarious...

That information should not be divulged to individuals not sanctioned by the Government.. with which the Clearance is associated too...

Your Clearance is ONLY required if your are in perpetuity with the Government and handle Information or Data related to National Security/DOD etc..

If these Trainers are NOT Sanctioned by the Government they have NO NEED to Know about your Classification.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    "Haven't Heard of any Kidnappings"... I totally understand the Classification Process I have a Secrete in a Foreign Country...and had one for over 30 Years...

My Point was related to the Conceal Carry Process through the suspect organization noted in the thread of being nefarious...

That information should not be divulged to individuals not sanctioned by the Government.. with which the Clearance is associated too...

Your Clearance is ONLY required if your are in perpetuity with the Government and handle Information or Data related to National Security/DOD etc..

If these Trainers are NOT Sanctioned by the Government they have NO NEED to Know about your Classification.

I agree with you Gunny - they really have no need to know. However, they seem to be requiring it and as that level of information (S/TS/SCI) is not classified in of itself, rather than fight a battle I can't possibly win I will just provide it along with a letter from my security person.

They are requiring many things I think are unnecessary, honestly I do not think they should be able to require a permit. The right CLEARLY says "shall not be infringed upon". So for now, in Maryland I have to play their game to protect myself, my knowledge of classified information, and my family.

Several threats have been made by some serious players, I have no doubt about their resolve to achieve some sort of vengeance. I have to jump through the hoops now with hopes of changing the process later.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You forgot the possibility of bio-metric data...

If you have ever been fingerprinted, those digital images are kept as a future reference.

I am pretty sure the finger prints are kept with the FBI, not on the OPM database in question. I don't have intimate knowledge of the OPM database though, so I could be wrong.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I am pretty sure the finger prints are kept with the FBI, not on the OPM database in question. I don't have intimate knowledge of the OPM database though, so I could be wrong.

There was a second OPM breach that exposed fingerprints...

PTPG

Dec 10, 2018
    Not even sure they're on a range? I sometimes do a blue gun exercise, establishing a "firing line" in the classroom to work on grip, muzzle control, and range officer commands--how anybody can call a cease fire,etc. We do this the evening before, in the classroom. On Saturday we go over it all again, of course but I certainly don't insist on "eyes and ears" in the classroom.

Thank you

PTPG

Dec 10, 2018
    I actually commented on this very post on Facebook. I asked if anything was in writing and how is this possible, etc. The only response I got back was that Military with a high security clearance and victims of the OPM hack are being approved if they provide appropriate documentation and that a lack of documentation was the only reason for disapproval. They also said they are putting together a video of people recently approved based on these circumstances. I call BS. We shall see though.

I have considered putting in for Maryland W&C due to my new position on the prosecution team of the 9/11 conspirators, but since I work in Virginia I doubt it would be approved. Oh well. I will continue to not carry a firearm in Maryland and trust the MSP to make sure I don't get any holes in my body that I wasn't born with.

We actually have clients who live and work in VA that have been approved for their MD Permit to Carry a Handgun, using reasons related to the U.S. government, but less significant reasoning than what you briefly described your situation as being. If you already have the training or or training exempt- we'd love to assist you free of charge through the process. Feel free to call us at 833-2PTPGUN ext 700 if you want to take us up on this offer. We are a firm believer in 'Seeing is Believing', we shall see.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    How many Maryland W&C permits have been issued to non-LEO residents in Maryland? I'd like to see any stats on Maryland's licensing of these permits.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    How many Maryland W&C permits have been issued to non-LEO residents in Maryland? I'd like to see any stats on Maryland's licensing of these permits.

The real question first is how many people simply do not apply because of the arduous process they have created or because they know they will be turned down?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back at post #75 ;

One of the members would post the PIA ( Md version of FOIA ) numbers periodically but don't recall seeing updates for a cpl months now . But at latest report, the number of outstanding W&C was right around 20K .

Added for context - 3-ish years ago , the number was aprox 12K .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom