• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    We moved here almost a year ago from VA. Home prices a tad lower, but I'm not a fan of the stupid and political gun laws.
    I submitted my W&C application in November using my clearance, job duties, and OPM breach as justification. I'm not sure when the clock officially starts for the 90 days, but the check was cashed on 23 November. If approved, I'll post my write up here.
    Finally, I can't express enough how much I appreciate this forum and all the knowledge and great people here. It's nice to know not everyone in MD is nuts.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Hello also from Hughesville. I wish you luck. If you find my posts you can see my plight with the process. Very similar G&S although I didn't go about it the proper way. It's going to be a long haul, 6+ months.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 61

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Hello also from Hughesville. I wish you luck. If you find my posts you can see my plight with the process. Very similar G&S although I didn't go about it the proper way. It's going to be a long haul, 6+ months.

I started looking through your posts, but I don't see the thread with your story. Can you give me a link? It's probably too late for me to change anything, but it's good to know what others went through.

I have read through most of the very long thread on getting a MD W&C permit.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Yeah guess it is all broken up.
    Summary:
    G&S "Self Defense" (Literally all I wrote)
    Informal - Verbally added info about clearance, work, ISIS, etc.
    Requested review :facepalm: instead of hearing. In letter I talked about OPM and Wollard Decision palpable need.
    One board member wanted to overturn but others felt lack of information and "grasping for straws".

IMO my application changed too much and from beginning to end. Started as a 2A issue, which doesn't mean jack in this process and ended on something potentially usable but not fully articulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom