• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    So my In-Laws live in Western PA, and have around 200 acres of pretty nice land in the hills. They have trail cams set up all over the place and we've seen Porcupines, Black Bears, Bobcat's, Fisher Cats, and some other cool stuff out there...but recently a new family is setting up shop on the hill. Coyote's...

I only have a few pictures, because I can't seem to find the rest, but we have one picture of 6 of them at one time near the camera around 11pm one night.

So when I'm up that way, I usually spend my night's scoping out different spots waiting for them to show up. I still haven't seen them, but hear them yipping a lot.

My Father In Law picked up a NV Scope for his rifle, and that made things a little more interesting this past weekend. I am still getting a feel for the thing, but it works pretty well.

Anyway, around midnight, I'm sitting there in a stand, watching over an open field where we last saw the coyote's on the camera, and one curious little doe comes up and just hangs out for quite a long time...I tried to get some pictures of her, see below

Anyway, that is all, just thought it was cool.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
      unnamed.jpg
      123.5 KB · Views: 192
    • unnamed1.jpg
      unnamed1.jpg
      118.4 KB · Views: 194
    • unnamed2.jpg
      unnamed2.jpg
      122.9 KB · Views: 188
    • 20151023_233503.jpg
      20151023_233503.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 190
    • 20151023_233930.jpg
      20151023_233930.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 188

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    The deer was definitely hands off, especially with the type of rifle I had. Just thought the picture from the scope was cool, especially since I couldn't even see the Doe a little, but the scope made it pretty clear even through the brush and branches.

However, I texted down to get the RoE and was told Raccoons, Possums, Groundhogs, and Coyote's were all fair game.

Leave the Fisher Cats, Bobcats, and Bears alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom