E-mailing Speakers of the Pro-Gun control Rally?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I am currently emailing one of the speakers for that useless rally they're having on Gun Day. The main reason is I personally know the one of the speakers. I'm not even sure if this is a good idea or not, but I felt like I had to do it at least with the one man I knew. Please let me know what you think and whether you think we should pursue emailing the rest of the speakers. (Please don't say spend more time emailing the legislators, I already do that once sometimes twice a day lol)

Dear Dr. Abramson:

I am writing this e-mail to express my concern about the position you and your organization is taking on the March 1st "Rally to Prevent Gun Violence." I was a student of yours back a few years ago, at UMBC, when you taught the Dynamic of the Israeli-Arab Conflict. My name is _______ and I am currently a Commissioned Officer in the United States Army. I am a registered Democrat and NOT a member of the NRA. I was quite impressed with your knowledge on the subject and agreed with most of viewpoints in the class. You have earned my respect as a man who thinks with the facts and does not get swayed by emotion or knee-jerk reactions to situations. However, your participation as a speaker at this rally makes me question my initial impression. It is obvious that SB 281 and the numerous other laws being proposed will do NOTHING to curb gun violence in our state. The studies, facts, Supreme Court Rulings and lack of evidence supporting gun control prove that those supporting this bill shows either a major ignorance of knowledge or a blind following of party doctrine. In fact the proposed bill goes after semi-automatic firearms which account for 85% of all firearms owned in this country, yet have been responsible for all of 2 crimes in the state of Maryland in 2011 (FBI Uniform Crime Report). That is less than 1% of all firearm related crimes in the state. A statistical 0. Please sir, I implore you to see what this is, which is just a long-standing agenda by members of the Maryland General Assembly and our governor in a race to be the state with the strictest gun control laws, inconveniencing hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gun owners. The majority of speakers on your panel are politically appointed or motivated. Even Lisa Delity, who blames a gun for the unfortunate passing of her brother, will fail to see that the gun was illegally purchased. You see laws would be as effective in keeping guns out of the hands of criminals as they are in Mexico where gun ownership is virtually banned, but drug cartels rule the nation and have easy access to "real" assault rifles. Please sir, I beg you. You are a smart and intelligent man. A man of wisdom and study. The information is out there.

Please do not cast your hand as one that will be used to subvert the law of the land. I'd like to indicate that the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) in the state of Maryland is staunchly against SB 281. The politicians like to claim that the police are with them by parading their political appointees and desk jockeys, but the FOP represents the rank and file members of the police. The one's out their on the street actually trying to do good. The ones who are not allowed to wear their uniforms to the hearings. Please sir, reconsider your position. Even a shephard sometimes strays away from the herd. 4000+ people showed up to protest against the upcoming legislation on Feb 6, where majority of them were not even allowed to express their opposition to the bill by Brian Frosh, head of the Senate Judiciary Committee and a notorious enemy of the 2nd Amendment. Still the, GA is determined to push through regardless of public sentiment or unconstitutionality within the bills. It was the first time in the history of the GA building that they had to close the halls due to fire code restrictions. Sorry, for the lengthy e-mail, But I am urging you to be on the correct and moral side of history. Not with those who are using a tragedy as political grandstanding in order to pursue other future and personal aspirations. I own an AR-15 for the simple reason to protect my family from those who wish to harm them. I hope and pray I will never have to use it. But I do not appreciate those who know nothing about firearms, trying to tell me what I need or do not need to practice my God-given and constitutionally guaranteed right.

Sincerely & Respectfully,

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :thumbsup:

Great letter, and thank you for your service in keeping me and my family free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom