Article: Maryland Wear And Carry Permit Application Process Goes Online Beginning Oc

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So now you're required to have a credit card and an internet connection before you can exercise your 2A rights?

Maryland is confident that through the state's kind protections, you can enjoy all of your rights, every day! You just can't have a gun while you do that.

It's now the left thinks, incredibly enough. They are, after all, helping you to enjoy your First Amendment rights by making sure you don't say anything unpleasant. There, see how much better you feel now that you're not polluting your rights with WrongThink?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So now you're required to have a credit card and an internet connection before you can exercise your 2A rights?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

During the Obama administration, it was understood that free WiFi was a basic human right.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    An internet connection has been needed for a while now and worse you had to access the form through Internet Explorer. It didn't become a paper form until you filled it out online and then printed.

The fact that it will be available on all browsers is actually a step up from what they are doing now.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    An internet connection has been needed for a while now and worse you had to access the form through Internet Explorer. It didn't become a paper form until you filled it out online and then printed.

The fact that it will be available on all browsers is actually a step up from what they are doing now.
    Only partly correct. As long as a friend has a downloaded copy of the application, you only needed to open it in Adobe Reader to fill it out. A couple of weeks ago, I tried to fill it out online for a friend and couldn't open it in Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox. So much for working across all browsers. I downloaded the form and opened it in Adobe.

Now instead of simply making copies of supporting documentation and photos, the applicant will need the ability to scan them into a file, then upload them. Believe it or not, there are still great numbers of people over 50 who are not computer literate above the point of turning it on and opening Facebook, I live with one.

Sorry but this is not a step forward but rather one more move to eliminate potential applicants.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just like the in person interview. Not law and not required.

But if the LD denies your application because you wouldn't play ball with the investigator, it’s academic. No interview, no permit, or at least a lengthy review process that is far more time consuming than a ten minute sit-down up front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom