• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Were you there when she was speaking? It's worth money just to watch the reaction of everyone waiting in the standby rooms who was watching on big screens. It broke out in loud laughs and OMGs. :lol2:

Unfortunately I was unable to attend since I am currently in southern VA for school. But I did listen throughout the day to the live audio feed. I could only imagine what she looked like and everyones reactions to that nutcase.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    nm, i got it to play in my browser.

here's the same file cleaned up and a lot louder / easier to hear.
    if the original poster of the wav file objects to my reposting in edited form, PM me, i will remove, it is the same clip only easier to hear him whisper "...take my chances." it's also got the correct header so it should play in just about any media player conceivable.

note this file is 900kB
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12998613/frosh-illtakemychances%5Bhpedit%5D.wav

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Does anyone have video captures of the various folks giving testimony?

Some of them were good enough to be put on youtube and shared with the conservative media.(If they don't mind of course) In particular Sheriff Jenkins, Patrick from MSI, the gentleman from NSSF, the folks from Beretta, the gentleman from AGC, and the 15yr old young lady. Oh and I wouldn't mind getting to watch the crazy anti lady again just for a laugh.

bump

I cant seem to find video either. I also would like to see or hear the testimony esq, and teratos

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    A bigger deal needs to be made about this photo. They say they want to have a dialogue but they play chess while we speak. Media needs to cover this.

brad20692

Dec 6, 2011
    So is there anyway to play it without real player Mine wont install I was there biut Id like to have a downloaded copy..

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    nm, i got it to play in my browser.

here's the same file cleaned up and a lot louder / easier to hear.
    if the original poster of the wav file objects to my reposting in edited form, PM me, i will remove, it is the same clip only easier to hear him whisper "...take my chances." it's also got the correct header so it should play in just about any media player conceivable.

note this file is 900kB
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12998613/frosh-illtakemychances%5Bhpedit%5D.wav
    Hope you don't mind...but I tweeted that out to Emily Miller and some new media folks on the good side of things.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Review of Feb 6 on Rodricks show today

http://www.wypr.org/podcast/midday-weekly-review-friday-february-8-12-1-pm
    This hour, WYPR State House reporter Karen Hosler details Gov. Martin O'Malley's case for tougher gun laws;

Starts at about 3 min in and lasts for approx 6 min.

Hosler states she has been reporting from the state house for "over 40 yrs" and has NEVER seen anything like this.

Said by her estimate there was over 2000 people lined up to testify

Talks about equal time given to each side but then states that by no means does she mean to give the impression that support was equal, she says the vast majority of people were GUN RIGHTS PEOPLE

States that most people took off and showed up because of a ROBOCALL but then clarifies that she "got that from others" and not from the gun supporters

NO mention of all the people outside at the rally

All in all I thought it was fairly objective reporting esp. coming from The Dan Rodricks Show and NPR

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    That poor schmuck in charge of watching that page must be going crazy, lol.

I give this post five minutes or less:

Your bills are nothing but infringements sir as was your dismal performance on the 6th. You violated my and thousands of others' First Amendment Right to peacefully petition our government for redress of grievances by closing testimony when you did. And we sir were peaceful. Your hubris was exposed in an unguarded moment when you thought your mic was off and you muttered after a witness warned you to beware the political ramifications of the gathering on the 6th. You said, "I'll take my chances." Don't think we will forget your actions, words and attitudes. Just so you and your puppetmaster O'Malley know, the rally and gathering of witnesses on the 6th was not due to the NRA or the non-existant robocall the two of you blame for the close to 4000 gun owners that showed up. That sir was a total grassroots effort done by Maryland shooting clubs, word of mouth and this very website, Facebook. You should further know that a major national bow hunting website put out word to their people in Maryland and those people, who hunt strictly with bows, showed up on our side, not yours because we have stood with them on hunting issues. You should also know I personally brought along two people who do not even own guns because they care deeply about all of our unalienable Rights. I know this post won't last very long because you or your lackeys will delete it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

A number of people on your side of the issue however were quite rude as you yourself was rude when you burst through the line of people waiting to sign up to testify on your way into the committee room. You jostled myself and several other people in the line when a simple, "Excuse me, may I get through?", would have sufficed. You lack manners, tact and professionalism. Every one of your supporters gave us dirty looks, acted like we would either eat them or whip out a machine gun and mow them down in the Senate halls. One of your supporters berated a priest for being pro-gun. I heard such babbling lunacy that I doubt most of your supporters could even pass a mental health check to own a firearm.

We will be back, will will not shut up, we will not stop, we will not let your lies go unchallenged and we will use every legal method to fight you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom