• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Sir, it’s never too late

I am older but not comfortable enough to retire today, but I could easily do so, simply because if I am staying here to take care of my dad till he passes there’s no use me not piling up more money in the bank and my investments and since folks voting for the lesser of two evils and dopers have lowered the value of some of my rentals and trumps economy is up a bit my properties are up a bit from the low they were almost two years ago so I am cashing them out now while I feel it’s the time.

You have no idea who or what I am nor my situation but you go ahead and keep guessing and insulting people, maybe you will be right about someone sometime , but your not right now.

Again have a nice day sir

You too...enjoy your stay in MD.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    You're making errant assumptions.

I'll ask a final time: is there a red line that costs a Republican candidate your vote if it's crossed, or do they get your vote just because they have an R after their name on the ballot?

It's a very simple yes or no question. Answer it or don't. :shrug:

Since you failed to understand it the last time... I’ll try once more.

I vote to improve the political situation for myself and fellow Maryland residents.

R, I, or D matters nothing in the overall... so long as it moves the pendulum in the direction it needs to go to regain or save as much of our rights and freedoms as can be saved or recovered. And with each election the war continues.

The job MUST be done. And I’ll use what ever “tool” is available to get it done. We can NEVER use tools we do not have. And in this election... the only VIABLE tool happens to be Hogan.

You can argue against that fact all you want. But you can’t change it before 6 November 2018.

Now... that may not be the answer that you want to read... but it is an answer... and it is the only answer I have to give you.

Implying that I will “vote “R” no matter what”... is just plain silly.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Since you failed to understand it the last time... I’ll try once more.

I vote to improve the political situation for myself and fellow Maryland residents.

R, I, or D matters nothing in the overall... so long as it moves the pendulum in the direction it needs to go to regain or save as much of our rights and freedoms as can be saved or recovered. And with each election the war continues.

The job MUST be done. And I’ll use what ever “tool” is available to get it done. We can NEVER use tools we do not have. And in this election... the only VIABLE tool happens to be Hogan.

You can argue against that fact all you want. But you can’t change it before 6 November 2018.

Now... that may not be the answer that you want to read... but it is an answer... and it is the only answer I have to give you.

Implying that I will “vote “R” no matter what”... is just plain silly.

Excellent. With the understanding that slavish devotion to party is silly, now we're just talking about difference of opinion on how to get to where we want to be.

You think Hogan is that path. I disagree. That was almost easy. Almost.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Excellent. With the understanding that slavish devotion to party is silly, now we're just talking about difference of opinion on how to get to where we want to be.

You think Hogan is that path. I disagree. That was almost easy. Almost.

1) I NEVER espoused any devotion nor "slavish" devotion to any party. My devotion is to the COTUS and the Citizens of the State and Country.

2) Hogan is the only viable path "at this time".

He is NOT the "only path".

And if we refuse to use that path now... it is highly likely that we will not get another chance anytime in the foreseeable future.

You may disagree with me on the issue... But, you have yet to present ANY other "path" which is viable at this time or at any time between now and 6 November 2018. Short of that revelation... we have only one chance at keeping jealous out of the State House at this time. Of course... the future after this election remains open to what ever and whom ever can be found to help further turn the tide and swing the pendulum further in our direction.

And THAT person... were they available now... should begin campaigning NOW for the NEXT gubernatorial race for Maryland. This one is already history for anyone but Hogan or jealous. Help dump jealous out on his ears so we can move the state in the right direction. Don't allow and also ran to kill our hopes here as they did to the Citizens of Virginia... (thanks to DEMOCRAT CAMPAIGN FINANCE CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE!)

FWIW... I STILL remember the gripes from the last election... Folks claiming "There's NO WAY a REPUB can EVER win in MARYLAND.

Yet... That is where we are now... and with a good chance to continue the movement to the right... IF we do not lose focus on the overall because of a few lessor setbacks.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Big party candidates can probably count on getting a lot of votes sight unseen, simply because of the letter behind their name on the ballot. Maybe...maybe a third party candidate could get a few simply because they don't have an R or D after their name from folks disgusted by either party, but a lot of those folks just write in Mickey Mouse, don't they? For the most part, a third party candidate is going to have to earn every single one of their votes. To do that, they are going to need massive name recognition. They're going to have to put themselves out there in everybody's face on a Geico Gecko magnitude.

I don't even know what this Quin looks like. I haven't seen a single campaign sign or media ad. Honestly, it's only from the context of MDS that I know this person exists as a candidate. I'm inferring that they are male and pro 2A, but otherwise I know nothing about them. For all I know, he could be KKK or a Black Panther. :shrug: I don't think I'm the only 2A voter in this situation. What are we supposed to, research a candidate? How many voters actually do that? (not enough to sway an election is my guess).

The other thing a third party candidate will need to do is appeal to both sides of the big parties. It's not like all the people who don't vote are going to suddenly feel called to action. If they can only get votes from one party, then the other one wins. The entire party (on either side) isn't going to jump ship. If such a person had so much appeal to one party, they'd be that party's candidate.

Off the top of my head, the only person I think I could trust that has both the exposure and universal appeal to beat both the Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich running in this election is Mike Rowe, of Dirty Jobs fame. I don't know his 2A stance, but he seems honest. I bet he could get a lot of write in votes from either side. Gov. Rowe sounds a lot more tolerable than Gov. Jealous. (honestly, probably better than Hogan too :mdpatriot)

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    1) I NEVER espoused any devotion nor "slavish" devotion to any party. My devotion is to the COTUS and the Citizens of the State and Country.

2) Hogan is the only viable path "at this time".

He is NOT the "only path".

And if we refuse to use that path now... it is highly likely that we will not get another chance anytime in the foreseeable future.

You may disagree with me on the issue... But, you have yet to present ANY other "path" which is viable at this time or at any time between now and 6 November 2018. Short of that revelation... we have only one chance at keeping jealous out of the State House at this time. Of course... the future after this election remains open to what ever and whom ever can be found to help further turn the tide and swing the pendulum further in our direction.

And THAT person... were they available now... should begin campaigning NOW for the NEXT gubernatorial race for Maryland. This one is already history for anyone but Hogan or jealous. Help dump jealous out on his ears so we can move the state in the right direction. Don't allow and also ran to kill our hopes here as they did to the Citizens of Virginia... (thanks to DEMOCRAT CAMPAIGN FINANCE CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE!)

FWIW... I STILL remember the gripes from the last election... Folks claiming "There's NO WAY a REPUB can EVER win in MARYLAND.

Yet... That is where we are now... and with a good chance to continue the movement to the right... IF we do not lose focus on the overall because of a few lessor setbacks.

Almost easy, indeed. Good evening.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Off the top of my head, the only person I think I could trust that has both the exposure and universal appeal to beat both the Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich running in this election is Mike Rowe, of Dirty Jobs fame. I don't know his 2A stance, but he seems honest. I bet he could get a lot of write in votes from either side. Gov. Rowe sounds a lot more tolerable than Gov. Jealous. (honestly, probably better than Hogan too :mdpatriot)

I could go for Gov. Rowe.

:party29::party29:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Big party candidates can probably count on getting a lot of votes sight unseen, simply because of the letter behind their name on the ballot. Maybe...maybe a third party candidate could get a few simply because they don't have an R or D after their name from folks disgusted by either party, but a lot of those folks just write in Mickey Mouse, don't they? For the most part, a third party candidate is going to have to earn every single one of their votes. To do that, they are going to need massive name recognition. They're going to have to put themselves out there in everybody's face on a Geico Gecko magnitude.

I don't even know what this Quin looks like. I haven't seen a single campaign sign or media ad. Honestly, it's only from the context of MDS that I know this person exists as a candidate. I'm inferring that they are male and pro 2A, but otherwise I know nothing about them. For all I know, he could be KKK or a Black Panther. :shrug: I don't think I'm the only 2A voter in this situation. What are we supposed to, research a candidate? How many voters actually do that? (not enough to sway an election is my guess).

The other thing a third party candidate will need to do is appeal to both sides of the big parties. It's not like all the people who don't vote are going to suddenly feel called to action. If they can only get votes from one party, then the other one wins. The entire party (on either side) isn't going to jump ship. If such a person had so much appeal to one party, they'd be that party's candidate.

Mike could get my vote...

IF... he were a viable candidate with the support to win. I believe he has the name recognition to get that support. It remains to be seen. :shrug:

What are his views on the issues facing the Maryland voter?
    His views on jobs and training are pretty well known.
    His political views appear to be on the conservative side.
    His views on 2A are a bit of a mystery for now.

We need more information... AND we don’t know if he would be up to the task... or even want it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maryland's executive branch moves further away from Conservatism. Heard it here first.

As true today as it was in 1838, and forward.

Since then, 28 Democrats and 9 Republicans have served as Governor.

Democrats have always been the Party of Slavery; they just lie more effectively about it today. They owe a huge debt of gratitude to Joseph Goebbels for teaching them the nuances of utilising the media.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    HOGAN HOGAN HOGAN. No perfect politicians and the alternative to Hogan ,it’s a no brainer. Let Ben get in there see how happyeople are . They will be wishing Hogan .Any one check out the new shooting illustrated. Has NRA opinion /statement on the politicians of the state .Hogan isn’t the only one to be watching.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-1024-hogan-endorsement-20181022-story.html

The Baltimore Sun endorses a real conservative that has supported new gun control and LARPed as Democrat. Truly the man we should support.

Four years ago, we very nearly endorsed Larry Hogan for governor. We had significant doubts about his Democratic opponent’s record and the campaign he had run. Mr. Hogan, meanwhile, offered the prospect of something we had long thought Maryland needed — a moderate, pragmatic executive who WOULD BEND OVER FOR the Democratic majority in the General Assembly or act as a check on it when ASKED

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Four years ago, we very nearly endorsed Larry Hogan for governor. We had significant doubts about his Democratic opponent’s record and the campaign he had run. Mr. Hogan, meanwhile, offered the prospect of something we had long thought Maryland needed — a moderate, pragmatic executive who WOULD BEND OVER FOR the Democratic majority in the General Assembly or act as a check on it when ASKED

HoganBots should have fun spinning this one.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I've stayed out of this conversation for 24 pages.....

Yes, when he got elected I was an unapologetic Hoganite.

Yes, I made claims, based on conversations with then candidate Hogan, that did not come to fruition.

With that said, I will be voting for Shawn Quinn in November.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I've stayed out of this conversation for 24 pages.....

Yes, when he got elected I was an unapologetic Hoganite.

Yes, I made claims, based on conversations with then candidate Hogan, that did not come to fruition.

With that said, I will be voting for Shawn Quinn in November.

I am with you brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom