• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    Which spring? The follower spring or the recoil spring? I am figuring the follower spring.

Dan, i honestly don't remember which spring they attributed it to as i researched at length awhile ago when i had the issue and i just kept shooting through break in and it went away. it was universal across all my mags and i do not believe it was a mag issue. (and i am still using same mags without issue). i just remember it was reported on a few pages that one of the springs comes very tight from factory and can cause the round underneath the one being stripped to be dislodged partially as someone above stated. my advice to OP is put 500 or 600 rounds through it first and if the issue continues, contact CZ. (i cannot verify it was even a spring, only that once i got through 500 or 600 rounds issue disappeared).

Jan 29, 2015
    Range Update
    The member that recommended using unpinned mags - bingo. Ran 3 or 4 half full mags today without a hiccup, will run a a few hundred rounds tomorrow to confirm (and update here for the next victim). Thanks everyone for helping out someone new to the CZ brand.

Jan 29, 2015
    I thought I was in the clear, this morning I put 400 rounds or so through it and had 3 or 4 stove pipes. I’ll have to send it off to CZ I reckon’. I’ll update this thread in case anyone should need to reference my trials and tribulations.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Silly question, did you clean it before firing?

If no, the factory anti corrosives may be gumming up the works at low temps.

If yes, what lube did you use? It may be gumming up the works in low temps

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    unfortunately, stove pipes can be caused by many things (including limp wristing it or a dirty gun), so hard to diagnose over the interwebs. 3 or 4 of 400 does sound like an improvement though.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    CZ's aren't much different than any other pistol. They have ammo they like and ammo they don't like. All of mine seem to prefer 124gr FMJ over 115gr and 147gr. My 75B definitely prefers brass cased 124gr. FMJ and I've had no issues with any of the brands other than Fiocchi, which functions just fine in all my other CZ's.

I would clean it up, lube it up and put at least 1000 rounds thru it before doing anything, unless the problem starts getting worse. You don't have to run a 75 as wet as a 1911 but, it does like a generous amount of lubricant on the slide and frame rails. I use FP-10 but there's plenty of other good ones out there.

pbartko

Aug 23, 2017
    Harford Cnty
    The malfunctions are likely due to cheap ammo. What ammo were you shooting?

The dislodging of the top round in your mag is a partialfeed. This is a fairly common issue with new CZs. When chambering a round, the underside of the slide behind the breech face can drag on the next round at the top of the magazine. This can partially dislodge the next round from the magazine. The partially fed round may end up sitting with its nose at the bottom of the feed ramp and interfere with the extraction/ejection of the chambered round. In addition, the partially fed round can cause the magazine to hang if you attempt to drop the magazine. To alleviate these problems, the lower (leading) edge of breech face should be beveled and the underside of the slide behind the breech face should be polished. These modifications are shown in the following photograph (courtesy of Stuart @ CZ Custom Gunsmithing). The area to be beveled is shown in red and the area to be polished is shown in yellow.

IMG_0094aa.jpg

Make sure you understand exactly what "polishing" and "bevel" mean in the context of gunsmithing. You can always remove more metal, but you can never replace it if you take away too much.

I will second GoldGunsGirls recommendations for polishing. I had a few FTFs with my new 75B. After polishing the feed ramp, I've put several thousand round through it without a single problem.

Jan 29, 2015
    Update - Went to the range Saturday, 28 degrees..1st mag Speer Lawman 115gr, 2 FTE’s, 2nd mag S&B 115gr, 2 FTE’s, 3rd mag Aguila 124gr, no FTE’s, went through 3 boxes flawlessly, went back to the 115’s and again, no FTE’s. Going again this weekend and start cold with the 115’s and see if things have worked themselves out.

Jan 29, 2015
    CZ's aren't much different than any other pistol. They have ammo they like and ammo they don't like. All of mine seem to prefer 124gr FMJ over 115gr and 147gr. My 75B definitely prefers brass cased 124gr. FMJ and I've had no issues with any of the brands other than Fiocchi, which functions just fine in all my other CZ's.

I would clean it up, lube it up and put at least 1000 rounds thru it before doing anything, unless the problem starts getting worse. You don't have to run a 75 as wet as a 1911 but, it does like a generous amount of lubricant on the slide and frame rails. I use FP-10 but there's plenty of other good ones out there.

Thanks! I didn’t have any FTE’s with the 124gr’s.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Update - Went to the range Saturday, 28 degrees..1st mag Speer Lawman 115gr, 2 FTE’s, 2nd mag S&B 115gr, 2 FTE’s, 3rd mag Aguila 124gr, no FTE’s, went through 3 boxes flawlessly, went back to the 115’s and again, no FTE’s. Going again this weekend and start cold with the 115’s and see if things have worked themselves out.

One possibility is that as the gun heated up, metal expanded. Maybe why the 115 gr worked fine after 3 boxes of 124 gr.

At 28 degrees it may simply take 2 mags for the gun to heat up. =D

Jan 29, 2015
    Weather conditions were better today, but not the gun, same issues. It’s still under warranty so I’m sending it in. I’ll post the findings from CZ when I receive them. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom