• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JaegerJason

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 1, 2018
    WTF is animal birth control? Are they passing out condoms to squirrels now?

I tried to buy animal birth control - isn't that called ammo? Good think there's a store there, because Worth a Shot never has any.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    This is from a longer entry in Wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic

Does the US Census Bureau or other US Gov't entity have an official ruling on Philiphines? On the surface it would indeed appear to be heavily shaped by Spain .

Various forms of possession/ Colony of Spain from mid 1500's , until we obtained it in the Spanish- American War .

Spanish was an official language until 1987 .

In the early days of Philiphine Census taking , the residents were not just allowed, but actively encouraged to adopt to Adopt Spanish Surnames.

At one point , the population of the main populated islands were 1/3 pure honky Spaniards .

The Philippine Colonial Gov'ts paid economic incentives for intermarriage between ethnic groups , and Spaniards were in the highest demand , by factor of up to 10 .
    Philipines have way more influences and cultural connection to Spain, than a lot of the Caribbean region countries considered Hispanic .

But it is ignorant is equate all Hispanics with "Mexicans" . Maryland in particular have Hispanics originating from all over Latin America , with no country having dominance.

Lotsa work there to defend the store who shall not be named there. I suppose I'd then argue that while influenced somewhat due to domination, I'd consider the culture in-line with other southeast-asian areas such as Indonesia, Vietnam, and some of the pacific islands further east. If we're still calling spanish domination enough, then I'd ask how you brits are feeling today.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Indonesia and Vietnam never had 30% of their population be Frenchmen . Philippines were way more heavily populated by the Colonizers, and they intermingled way more there , than most Empire/ Colony situations. ( Not sure where it relates here , but even before Spain , the P.I. had significant influxes from China, Japan, and India ).

Racial Identity is essentially self identified. Descent is still largely factual .

I could self declare myself to be of the Martian Race , but I would still be of English descent or equally of Scandinavian descent .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom