• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Some reports said revolver, some listed a caliber that wasn't revolver-friendly. I lost track.

Mag-fed revolver: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardick_tround
    dardick_1958.jpg

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Why would someone want to dry fire their pistol after inserting a loaded magazine?
    The guy that posted on here a few days ago(nogunsmcgee) claiming to know the shooter said that the guy was dry firing the gun under the table before he then loaded it and pulled the trigger again.

Was he still expecting a dry fire? Seems he knew nothing about how the gun operates.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    The guy that posted on here a few days ago(nogunsmcgee) claiming to know the shooter said that the guy was dry firing the gun under the table before he then loaded it and pulled the trigger again.

Was he still expecting a dry fire? Seems he knew nothing about how the gun operates.

Sadly, some people who know very well how to safely handle handguns manage to unintentionally shoot themselves or others on rare occasion. This group includes firearm instructors and professionals who carry guns daily as part of their job. Doing something really dumb does not necessarily mean you did not know any better. The fact that this guy attempted to reload in a crowded restaurant suggests to me that his judgment is really bad. I don't have any information to suggest that he is ignorant of how to safely handle a handgun other than this incident. In fact, since he was apparently carrying this gun before entering the gun show, this suggests to me that he probably knew how to at least operate it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    The ammo for the Dardick, if you can find it, is incredibly expensive, if I recall. I have been looking whenever I see people with unusual ammo, but I have yet to see one of the "trounds", as they were called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom