• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I was looking around a bicycle shop and they had a convex mirror on an adjustable arm. Total length about 6-10 inches. I used it to look around the corner of the aisle and it had a wide field of view. Would it be a good idea to use it to look in a doorway to a room or does that give away position/element of surprise etc?
    What are the cost/benefits of using a mirror to look around corners as opposed to slicing the pie?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    For room clearing, rather than slicing the pie, I use cutting the cheese.

Last edited:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I think there is poster on this forum that might argue to the death that the only thing that can clear a room is a Sig.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Actually, a Glock is best for clearing rooms. Just toss it in then dive away to escape the blast.

OP, you probably don't want to be clearing rooms by yourself. You want to do it with lots of friends, and move quickly and violently.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A Drywall Camera from Lowes, Home Depot or Greybar will also work. It has a snake head with a camera. You can look under doors too.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Silly.

Clearing rooms is different then trying to safely gain intel of the room.

To clear a room you are entering and taking care of threats while securing non threats.

Mirrors and the such have their places in tactical situations...it's not room clearing.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Had to open up this home defense can of worms didja? Lol Under what circumstance are you clearing rooms? Mirror is Hollywood crap. I mean after all, you will be holding your flashlight with your support hand :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I usually clear rooms in my house with this......

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343490993325.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1343490993325.jpg
      25.7 KB · Views: 200

Gino z32

that car guy
    May 17, 2011
    Bennsville, MD
    according to cnn and the libtard brigade, the gun shouldn't need your help to clear the room. just sit back, crack a cold one, and wait for your ak47 to finish.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    So, you hold the mirror in your left hand, the gun in your right, and your flashlight in your mouth?

Or is the flashlight on the gun? In which case, you'll need to point the gun into the mirror, which you're holding with your left hand.

And, while manuevering the mirror with your left (or non-dominant) hand, you mentally reverse the image in your mind, so that you know precisely where your potential targets are. Because objects reflected in a mirror are BACKWARDS, you suddenly remember.

Sounds like an AWESOME plan, what could possibly go wrong? :D

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Wow just had a vision with mirrors mounted on the rail of a tacticool ar. Lol

First thing I thought of too. It does seem to be routinely used in tactical situations but in the dark would probably not work as well unless the threats are using lights which they well may. Usually with a fireteam one member would evaluate/inform the others before proceding but in a solo situation could be over encumbering. If you have nobody covering you while you are doing this then you are opening yourself up not to mention having one more thing to tote around while clearing your house in your underwear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom