• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Anyone else signed up for this Saturday? I just got a call from them - class starts at 1200, running and gunning till about 2000 then night shooting/laser work till 2100-2200. Should be good. Bring a "shitload" of ammo.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    A few words about the training:

CMCT offers comprehensive, professional combat mindset training that will push your mental and physical limits. For anyone who wants to expand their shooting and tactical capabilities or even wants to get introduced to tactical weapons and employment you need to check out Center Mass Combat Tactics. I have a military shooting background and can say this is among the highest quality training I've received. These guys play by "Big Boy" rules that most trainers and establishments will not allow their students. I recommend starting with them from their most basic Pistol 1 COI before jumping into Pistol 2 (as I did). They have some very specific nomenclature and techniques i.e. "High Ready" that they will be looking for and there is little to no time to learn on the fly or correct those 'bad habits" without dragging down the rest of the class. They WILL get inside your bubble if they don't like what they see.
    BE READY to PT your asses off (hill running, sniper crawl, physical stress drills, high stress blind weapon system disassembly/assembly). The instructors begin hydrating for this class 2-3 days prior - do the same if you plan to train in the heat. I recommend this to anyone who wants to take their professional skills and abilities to the next level. Bring a high capacity semi-auto and enjoy the 12 hour ride. We finished up around 2330 last night.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I survived the class and a ton of fun, lots of shooting and learning. The PT was very rough for me as I am not a spring chicken (kept up the best I could) but it's done for a purpose. This is not your regular "On the line, point and shoot" range time. It's moving, it's quick and it's tactical-it will give you the skills (if practiced to second nature) to come out of a gun fight alive. Drills Drills and more Drills. I liked the malfunction drills which was taught a little different from my previous training, CMCT way made more sense (I have to practice). Again I will say that if you want No BS training these guys are the ones to go to. Professional and knowledgable, Thanks again Old Man Chris.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    I survived the class and a ton of fun, lots of shooting and learning. The PT was very rough for me as I am not a spring chicken (kept up the best I could) but it's done for a purpose. This is not your regular "On the line, point and shoot" range time. It's moving, it's quick and it's tactical-it will give you the skills (if practiced to second nature) to come out of a gun fight alive. Drills Drills and more Drills. I liked the malfunction drills which was taught a little different from my previous training, CMCT way made more sense (I have to practice). Again I will say that if you want No BS training these guys are the ones to go to. Professional and knowledgable, Thanks again Old Man Chris.
    Nice training with you Chris. Well Done - BZ!:thumbsup:

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Nice! :thumbsup:

I hope to take this next year. Intro, Pistol 1 and Carbine 1 in a month is about my limit this year...

And, I just got a Benelli M2 I need to learn so hopefully they offer the shotgun course next year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom