Raising age to buy a rifle would be just another Leftist ruse - boiling the frogs

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Firearm safety and training are best done and most lasting when taught at an early age.

Your eyes are best when you're young.

Kids develop lifelong interests and habits when they're young.

Shooting is a sport, among other things. It's even an Olympic sport.

Do Olympic skaters buy their first pair of skates when they're 21?

If kids' involvement and ownership in the sport is restricted and it's too difficult to take an ownership interest in, they'll move on to other things -- and that's exactly what the Left wants.

It's just another infringement, another roadblock and impediment to phase out the Second Amendment, with no proof of any benefit whatsoever.

Cruz had mental problems that wouldn't have been different if he was 21.

Don't buy into the ruse, President Trump. They're boiling frogs, one more degree at a time.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    I am OK with it... As long as they can't vote , drink, drive, enter a contract, own property, etc until they are 21 also.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    But WAIT, there's more ...

Those above and all other enumerated rights should also be suspended until age 21. You must then get a mandatory 'background check and universal registration' before you can exercise them ... including your 'assumed' right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. In other words, you are a non-person and the ward of the state until you reach 21 ... the arbitrary, but legally mandated age of majority.

And while we're are at it, lets also make age-consistent laws affecting pseudo-rights that the progressive left have foisted upon us over the past few decades.
    • 'Dreamers' must leave the country until age 21.
    • Abortions can't be performed an any person under age 21.
    • Your parents healthcare is only required to cover you until age 21.
    • Welfare benefits cannot be paid for anyone under age 21.
    Feel free to also add to the ever-growing list of pseudo-rights assumed by the snowflake generation, including their right to feel safe and free from trigger words.

The absurdity of such a measure can only be countered with more absurdities. Call them out here and everywhere you encounter such 'common sense gun safety measures' being discussed.

Last edited:

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    You can't control people.
    .GOV banned Saturday Night Specials (Cheap little handguns just as likely to hurt the shooter as the person being shot at) to increase public safety. Now bad people use bigger more powerful firearms.
    .GOV wants to ban AR15 rifles for public safety, we all know no other firearm in existence today is deadly?
    Lets say Miller Light is the beer most consumed by DUI charged people. If we ban Miller Light will DUI arrest stop?
    The real issue is School Shooters are Students, what are the Schools doing to the Students to make them want to shoot?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Lots of young men from past wars would disagree with such a notion , to limit drinking , shooting , freedom , living , dying age .

If you are old enough to serve our country you should be old enough to do all other things , also hard liquor

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Kids develop lifelong interests and habits when they're young.

If kids' involvement and ownership in the sport is restricted and it's too difficult to take an ownership interest in, they'll move on to other things -- and that's exactly what the Left wants.

It's just another infringement, another roadblock and impediment to phase out the Second Amendment, with no proof of any benefit whatsoever.

that's an excellent point, and one i hadn't considered. delay their ability to play in this sport, and something else will grab their attention and that opportunity may be lost. i will say though that i was into hunting and shooting way before age 18, so even though those under 18 or 21 may not be able to acquire firearms themselves, hopefully their parents have and have brought them up hunting and shooting and of course fishing and other outdoor activities.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It saddens me, if they were to enact an AWB again, and included the Ruger Mini 14, would anyone revolt?

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    The Marines, "Get in here son. were gonna put you thru boot camp, train you to kill people, and send you to a foreign country with a tank to fight a war."

Recruit, "But could I go buy a rifle and do a little hunting before I go?"

The Marines, "You got a lotta growing up to do before you start talking that nonsense, now get in here.":)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gops-gun-temptation-1519343948

This is the politics of false-hope—Democrat-lite. Age limits may sound good, but most teenage violent criminals steal firearms from adults. An age limit wouldn’t have stopped Adam Lanza in Sandy Hook (who used his mother’s guns) or the Columbine killers (who obtained their guns from adult friends). It wouldn’t have stopped the Virginia Tech shooter or the Umpqua Community College shooter in Oregon, who were 23 and 26, respectively. An age limit is as empty a gesture as a ban on so-called assault weapons. As is a call for a large-capacity magazine ban, which is easily circumvented by reloading quickly. Arming teachers is an interesting idea, but it still doesn’t get to the root of the problem—stopping insane people from getting guns.

The age to by a handgun is 21, that does not stop 340 murders in Baltimore. Almost all with handguns. Junk guns were outlawed in Maryland, yet Baltimore criminals are still carrying junky revolvers. :lol2:

Identifying and stopping mentally disturbed people from getting weapons is a great idea. If someone can figure that out.... Trouble is, these people seem to almost always be on someones radar and no one does anything. And I am not entirely sure what one can do without violating 4th, 2nd, 5th, or 6th amendment rights.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It saddens me, if they were to enact an AWB again, and included the Ruger Mini 14, would anyone revolt?

This is what bothered me the most about Ben Stein's AR rant. He mentioned: The AR15..........and all of its cousins.

It was an incredibly stupid thing to say and an admittance that he and his gun grabbing brethren what all semi-autos removed from society.

The more these idiots talk, the more I want to carry a quad .50BMG for self protection. Locating a holster may prove difficult.

As to revolt, old fat bearded wh!te guys wouldn't recognize a revolt if it sat on their f@ces.

PS: FNC just mentioned that The President will speak at CPAC in a few minutes. Will Trump walk back his stance on raising the age limit to 21? It's not a popular idea.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I would argue that after the meltdown liberals had over the idea of Trump having access to nuclear codes, that they can't seriously argue a 16 year old should be able to vote, but you have to be 21 to buy a gun.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is what bothered me the most about Ben Stein's AR rant. He mentioned: The AR15..........and all of its cousins.

It was an incredibly stupid thing to say and an admittance that he and his gun grabbing brethren what all semi-autos removed from society.

The more these idiots talk, the more I want to carry a quad .50BMG for self protection. Locating a holster may prove difficult.

As to revolt, old fat bearded wh!te guys wouldn't recognize a revolt if it sat on their f@ces.

PS: FNC just mentioned that The President will speak at CPAC in a few minutes. Will Trump walk back his stance on raising the age limit to 21? It's not a popular idea.

I'd suggest a kydex IWB holster for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Get them into a game of chicken and add reciprocity to the bill.

Raise the stakes. If people are to immature and untrustworthy to own a gun under age 21 then they certainly are to immature and untrustworthy to vote.

The majority of young people follow their liberal education brainwashing and vote Democrat until they get older and decide they are tired of giving the money they earn to people who don't want to work through taxes.

Just propose raising the voting age and watch the Dems heads explode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom