• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    There is, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here is a story that talks about them. In the article, you will see the areas that prohibit them or anything that increases the rate of fire.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-...s-states-weigh-bans-after-las-vegas-shooting/

I greatly appreciate your posting this article. It looks like CA and NY ban them. Some other states are iffy. It makes me think of whether they'd be legal in areas like Chicago, IL.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    I have a pack of 10 rubber bands for sale for the the basement bargain price of $10.
    I'd like to see Nancy Paloci try to ban rubber bands.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have a pack of 10 rubber bands for sale for the the basement bargain price of $10.
    I'd like to see Nancy Paloci try to ban rubber bands.

Get with the program. They're selling them on Gun Broker 10 for $25 plus $10 hazmat shipping.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don't know why I didn't think to buy them up immediately after the incident.

A co-worked forwarded me an old email from 2014 that I had forgot I sent him, telling him to get a bump stock for his newly purchased AR. He did, and never even took it out of the box. I'm sure it's on GB now, lol.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Supply meets Demand.

Private Property is essential to Liberty.

One should be able to charge whatever they want for their labor, physical property, intellectual property. If one asks "too much" for somwething and someone agrees, then it was not "too much".

Bingo !
    Something is worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Let the free market rule. :party29:

On a side note all bump fire stocks are cheap crappy pieces of plastic shit and why I don't own one.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know why I didn't think to buy them up immediately after the incident.

A co-worked forwarded me an old email from 2014 that I had forgot I sent him, telling him to get a bump stock for his newly purchased AR. He did, and never even took it out of the box. I'm sure it's on GB now, lol.

I went on record in one of those bump stock threads way back. I said the ATF would reverse their decision and make these illegal. But that didn't stop me from buying 2 of them.

I would have never thought they would be used in a catastrophe like this.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    I just got one pretty cheap. I may sit on it for a bit but it will be for sale at some point as I do not plan to ever take it out of the box but I figured why not try to make a buck. Went to the oaks show this past weekend and they were priced at 750-800.

Any offers lol

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Maybe people are coming to their senses. I have an extra Bump Fire Systems bump stock on GunBroker for four fiddy shipped and it has not sold. Just lowered the price to only four hunnit shipped, an amazing bargain :rolleyes:

When/if it sells, the money is going into pmags.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Wait until they actually start debate on the ban bill... it will jump again. If no action on the federal level, you should be able to unload it locally before October when I'm sure they will be banned in MD.

I'm confused. Why would people be scooping these up if they think they might get banned ?

Betting on a grandfather clause ? Which is crazy since they're not numbered and any ban should be all encompassing, illegal period, right ?

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I'm confused. Why would people be scooping these up if they think they might get banned ?

Betting on a grandfather clause ? Which is crazy since they're not numbered and any ban should be all encompassing, illegal period, right ?

I don't think you're confused, I think you are absolutely correct. People buying up these things with the idea they are going to make a killing when they are banned could be in for a rude shock.

If they are banned and therefore illegal to manufacture, sell, or possess, these folks could become instant Felons for even having these in their possession, let alone trying to offer them for sale at any price.

If that's the case, these speculators are going to have some very expensive, but worthless, and highly illegal plastic they are going to need to discreetly dispose of. An embarrassing and costly lesson for sure.

We'll have to see how this plays out in terms of legislation, but I wouldn't personally run out and buy these things up on the assumption that they are a lucrative investment.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Not as straightforward as that.

The “Sig Brace sell off”, for example.

Manufacturers can fall away because of legal attacks, leaving a fixed number of unregulated stocks or brackets available for a continuing supply-and-demand marketplace.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Not as straightforward as that.

The “Sig Brace sell off”, for example.

Manufacturers can fall away because of legal attacks, leaving a fixed number of unregulated stocks or brackets available for a continuing supply-and-demand marketplace.

Well, I hate to disagree with you, but I think this is a horse of an entirely different color.

Sig braces don't turn your AR in to an "instant machine gun" to use the anti gun lobbies logic.

The Sig brace was an ATF ruling, it wasn't legislated by congress. The people that are pushing this slide/bump stock ban want it etched in stone, in others words it would become the law of the land. Illegal to manufacture, sell or possess, period.

There is no comparison in this context between Sig braces and bump stocks.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    So if the ATF says that these stocks must be registered or turned in, then what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom