• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    Hi everyone, I decided to register after I realized I never did for this and other forums. I believe I got into firearms mainly as a way to keep my hands busy. I like to figure out how things work by breaking things down and putting things back together, (car parts, tools, computers, homes). I believe doing this is a great way to not only learn, but determine failure points and also possible ways to enhance performance. By doing this, I have a better understanding of standards, and when it comes to it I can determine whether something is worth the cost. I have two handguns, an ar-15 and and ar pistol. I am currently waiting on a suppressor, and will go in for an interview for my wear and carry this week (wish me luck!). Ill try to be active on the forums, hopefully the ol' timers can teach me a thing or two.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Good luck to ya! your about to be invited to our 1 st amendment rights rally tonight. Plenty of old timers will be their. Oh welcome

Indeed today is a great day to join; there's a big rally in Annapolis at 7. Please join us if you can. Check out these threads:

Shorter summary: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=220067
    Longer full review: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=219880

Hope to see you there. It's very much worth an hour of your time!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 122

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    Hi everyone, I decided to register after I realized I never did for this and other forums. I believe I got into firearms mainly as a way to keep my hands busy. I like to figure out how things work by breaking things down and putting things back together, (car parts, tools, computers, homes). I believe doing this is a great way to not only learn, but determine failure points and also possible ways to enhance performance. By doing this, I have a better understanding of standards, and when it comes to it I can determine whether something is worth the cost. I have two handguns, an ar-15 and and ar pistol. I am currently waiting on a suppressor, and will go in for an interview for my wear and carry this week (wish me luck!). Ill try to be active on the forums, hopefully the ol' timers can teach me a thing or two.

Welcome I'm from laurel

Ponch

Feb 7, 2018
    Odenton
    Welcome. I would like to know how the interview goes. so what was your "justification" for applying for your permit? I am getting my paperwork in order this week, and trying to get time to get my finger prints done.

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    thanks everyone, im still trying to figure out how to reply to specific replies on a thread so bear with me. I own a construction company (just me and my dad), mainly sub contracting for some companies in hoco, more specifically hardwood flooring, but depending on how things work out broaden the scope of fields. For my GS, it was along the line of the fact that I have to often meet unkown people for estimates, in locations often secluded in odd times during a given day. besides my office is essentially in a van, and the fact that there are alot of times when I have to have a bit of cash on me as a middle man for purchasing material. I gave them all relevant documentation, and hopefully it will be favorable. Im going in tomorrow to jessup for the interview, ill try to remember what sort of questions were brought up in my instance.
    Im not an engineer by profession, I guess the reason why I enjoy troubleshooting whatever I own is because I don't feel very good paying someone to do something thats somewhat doable, I guess I want to learn how to fish, not just be given one to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom