• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Grease shouldn't freeze at 29°. Which model CZ? First suggestion get this question posted in gunsmithing. It's a cold Sunday afternoon and I'm sure the regulars will have this solved quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet ya it's that dangum kenibbling pin again. When they get loose, those cz firearms won't work. :innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yep. I wasn't terribly cold, did jump in the car to warm up at one point.

My cz wouldn't shoot, weirdest thing. My best guess is that the grease froze and wouldn't let the firing pin move. I took it apart and did a quick field clean, removing as much grease and dirt (it was filthy); just reapplied FireClean oil and wiped it down. Still no dice, not even a dent in the primer. Will probably have to let it soak, or get one of those cleaning ultrasonics; any recommendations?

I'm not saying this is your issue, but I found this rather interesting and a video that all CZ owners should watch. Maybe it's nothing, but it sure sounds like what you experienced today. Let me know if this video helps at all.

[YT]L7qRQkG_PiQ[/YT]

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If one of my CZ's wouldn't work I'd be physically sick. Prolly something simple. Let us know how it plays out.

I was, and Will do!

P01.

I'm not saying this is your issue, but I found this rather interesting and a video that all CZ owners should watch. Maybe it's nothing, but it sure sounds like what you experienced today. Let me know if this video helps at all.

[YT]L7qRQkG_PiQ[/YT]

OMG. I think that is exactly the issue. I dry-fire (most/all) my guns (um, both of them... cough), hundreds and thousands of times; and live fire each (er... both ~ish, cough) of them only a fraction as much. But easily shoot 20+ times a year.

I bet this is the issue, and I'll be checking that 'outer pin' soon.

thank you.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Zing !

I haven't cared about post count since I made it into the WC in '09 . I was poking fun at the people who do obsess, but I guess my sarcasm was too subtle that time.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Zing !

I haven't cared about post count since I made it into the WC in '09 . I was poking fun at the people who do obsess, but I guess my sarcasm was too subtle that time.

A subtle Bigfoot. Can't say I nary hear'd of one, in these parts of the woods. ;)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Update: I tried to remove the firing pin retaining pin, but it didn't look like it was going to budge, so I stopped. If anyone has any tips or advice on how to remove this pin let me know. I read some discussion about the issue, sounds like cz used a roll-pin which isn't so strong, and cz recommends using snap-caps when dry firing. Found a replacement pin for $6; but decided to contact cz before I replace it myself because it's still under the 5 year cz warranty. Let's see how they respond.

Found this better video about replacing the firing pin, but not specifically the firing pin retaining pin issue, that I believe I'm having:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom