Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Notices

Old February 7th, 2018, 01:52 PM   #121
dist1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdasto View Post
You, sir, are mixing metaphors... A Forest Buffer Zone is not the same as a strategic buffer zone or a sound buffer zone or a safety buffer zone etc.

Due to the proximity of 200-yd impact berm to the natural wetlands running along the left (east) side of the range, there is no way, I repeat, no way that Baltimore County will allow any construction in this area.

I'd rather use the extra 100 yards behind the impact berm as the shot fall zone for a new sporting clays range! No construction needed.
I am really glad you know so much, especially considering that you have no experience in the industry.
Carry on, I'm done!
dist1646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 08:21 PM   #122
tdasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dist1646 View Post
I am really glad you know so much, especially considering that you have no experience in the industry.
Carry on, I'm done!
Thanks. I happen to be the PE that designed and signed the drawing package used to get the 200-yd berm construction permit. But, alas, even engineers can disagree on an answer.
tdasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 11:01 AM   #123
MtW_Pres

Requested that links be provided for inclusion on AGC's website with other links on legislative news page as part of an email to the President on unrelated issue in Annapolis.

Followed up with email to president with links above. That email came back undelivered for whatever reason these things happen. Perhaps the number of hyperlinks in the email.

Edit Per Mod: John I deleted everything else off. I think Tom will get your request to include your 2A news letter on the AGC website. I am sure you guys can work out the email issue without the need for this thread.

Mod: No problem, I think the AGC email filter still blocks emails if they contain what it considers too many hyperlinks. J.

Last edited by MtW_Pres; February 11th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.
MtW_Pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 11:50 AM   #124
squaregrouper
Vote SG For King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIP View Post
I would like to add to the above post.
Some clubs have events that use steel upright frames. So why am I required to use a 2X4?
Mine is PVC. It is much lighter and was approved.
squaregrouper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:55 PM   #125
danb
W T F

Just curious if there is an update on the action bays. The dirt pile is pretty impressive.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 09:28 AM   #126
tdasto

Berm inspection

We are awaiting final inspection from Baltimore County. We are actually waiting for the grass on the new berm to grow taller before the inspector will come out. Then, the construction crew will remove the clean water swale and silt fencing. Bay designs are being discussed in committee. We plan to use Hesco barriers as the bay walls. Funding will determine how fast we can install them.
tdasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:14 AM   #127
danb
W T F

cool, thanks for the update.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #128
IMBLITZVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdasto View Post
We are awaiting final inspection from Baltimore County. We are actually waiting for the grass on the new berm to grow taller before the inspector will come out. Then, the construction crew will remove the clean water swale and silt fencing. Bay designs are being discussed in committee. We plan to use Hesco barriers as the bay walls. Funding will determine how fast we can install them.
Whats a Hesco barrier go for (unfilled)? These look interesting. I assume they can't be moved after placement?

I was thinking large concrete blocks for walls. That would allow us to move them as needs change. Plus our buddies next door make them! http://www.lafargeprecastedmonton.co...walls-lafarge/

IMBLITZVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:35 AM   #129
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBLITZVT View Post
Whats a Hesco barrier go for (unfilled)? These look interesting. I assume they can't be moved after placement?

I was thinking large concrete blocks for walls. That would allow us to move them as needs change. Plus our buddies next door make them! http://www.lafargeprecastedmonton.co...walls-lafarge/

Keep in mind that the barriers will also act as a backstop. Not sure we want to be shooting into concrete.
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:41 AM   #130
squaregrouper
Vote SG For King

On the pistol range, there is a new RR tie zone for shooting steel.
Which way are the 2x4 stands oriented? (narrow or wide wood facing shooter)
I need to know this before buying a plate holder for those lanes.

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)