• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheVictor

Oct 30, 2020
    Carroll County
    I have been lurking for a while and thought it was finally time to introduce myself. I grew up in Kentucky and was probably never more than 30 feet from a gun my whole childhood. We had them hanging on the wall, sitting in the closet, laying on top of the refrigerator, hanging in the back window of the truck, leaning against the dash of the truck and stashed away just about everywhere. Got a BB Gun from my Grandmother at 5 years old (although my mother took it away from me until I was 6 HaHa) and a 22 rifle for Christmas at 10 years old.

Moved to MD (currently in Carroll County) in my early twenties to start my first job and earn a living. I left all the guns behind and have been out of the game for quite a while! My father passed away a year ago and I am now in the process of transferring many of the guns to MD. A slow, painful process, but I am getting there.

In addition, the changing political climate has introduced a sense of urgency to re-arm myself while I still can and be prepared for whatever may come. Started following this forum and purchased a “scary” AR15 a few months ago. I doubt that I will be able to contribute much, but find that there is a wealth of knowledge here and hope to rely on the group for support. I have already learned a great deal and even picked up some good Adventure Bike riding locations.

I just hope that I do not “overstep” my bounds here…. You guys can be brutal! I promise to search before I ask and do my best to abide by the rules.

I must admit, that outrider58’s avatar is intimidating.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    Welcome. A wave hello from Carroll County.

Also, sorry for your loss. Glad you can keep those guns in the family, and the memories. I cherish the family firearms.

Greetings from Prince George's county. I'm sorry for your loss but glad to hear you're able to keep things in the family. When my mom's 2nd husband passed he had a large collection she had to suddenly sell, some at painfully low prices. I wasn't in any position at the time to help and regret we couldn't hang on to a few of them. Glad you can.
    Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom