VA Gun Bill Day & MAGPUL Airdrop 1/13/20!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Virginia’s first and critically important GUN BILL DAY in 2020 — the first day to provide testimony against the lunatic Northam/DemocRat’s proposed gun ban/confiscation bills - - is MONDAY, JANUARY 13th!

NRA-ILA will be there to greet you at the Capitol beginning at 8 AM.

It will also be the day at the State Capitol that the NRA-ILA conducts a ”MAGPUL airdrop” and NRA shirt giveaways for those attending.

The NRA-ILA has already commenced their full-court press against the Democrat gun banners, well before the Virginia General Assembly session opens on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.

The power-mad Dems intend to expedite their leftist crazy-town gun ban/confiscation legislation schemes through the legislature and directly onto the desk of Racist Gov. Northam Bedford Forrest very early in the Assembly session, thus the emphasis by NRA-ILA on obtaining overwhelming testimony against these bad bills in committee on January 13th.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This first committee hearing taking testimony on the Dems proposed gun ban legislation - - the first Virginia “GUN BILL DAY” - - is ONE WEEK BEFORE the large and influential LOBBY DAY event sponsored by the Virginia Citizens Defense League on Monday, JANUARY 20th.

Anyone who is available to testify in person on January 13th is asked to help pack the committee hearing room and to testify on January 13th, and of course to return if you can to participate in VCDL Lobby Day on January 20th.

Click here for more info from the NRA-ILA:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191223/defend-freedom-join-us-january-13th

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• 9EAAA103-22E1-411C-A8B2-949CBA061CA3.jpg
      9EAAA103-22E1-411C-A8B2-949CBA061CA3.jpg
      89 KB · Views: 1,310

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks. I'll look into being there and possibly testifying and submitting written testimony.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Note to NRA-ILA: more MAGPUL please :party29::patriot::patriot::beer::beer:

Attachments

• DB22861E-58EB-454E-AAA9-2F1CA9A6246D.jpg
      DB22861E-58EB-454E-AAA9-2F1CA9A6246D.jpg
      97.6 KB · Views: 1,291

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Unfortunately, I’ll be out of town.

Hopefully many of the excellent speakers from the Sanctuary meetings will be able to attend.

Please post (and PM me) if a compelling speaker is unable to attend.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Nothing against our brothers and sisters from Virginia, but I sure hope the NRA and these other groups put the same amount of effort into what we are gonna be up against in Annapolis this year!! I feel for Virginians, but us Marylanders are gonna need help this year too!! God bless all of us!

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Nothing against our brothers and sisters from Virginia, but I sure hope the NRA and these other groups put the same amount of effort into what we are gonna be up against in Annapolis this year!! I feel for Virginians, but us Marylanders are gonna need help this year too!! God bless all of us!

Depending on how Md and Va go, will tell the tale on how fast it creeps across the whole country.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Sadly, I think the NRA will fight in VA more as they likely think they have better odds there. At least, it seems, the population is with them there. Don't mean to be a downer and will keep fighting here but I think VA has a better chance.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sadly, I think the NRA will fight in VA more as they likely think they have better odds there. At least, it seems, the population is with them there. Don't mean to be a downer and will keep fighting here but I think VA has a better chance.

They aren't wrong. NRA-ILA does not have an unlimited budget. From their perspective MD is a lost cause. Of course, they'd have more money if they reigned in Wayne's spending, but that is a topic for another thread.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I thought 1/20/20 was Opening Day ?

Opening Day for the Legislatures of both Maryland and Virginia is the same day: Wednesday, January 8, 2020.

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) has used the Monday of the MLK holiday (this year it is January 20th) for many years as their annual Virginia General Assembly LOBBY DAY.

The Federal holiday afforded so many more people a day off of work, plus Richmond traffic was lighter, the Legislature was in session (despite the holiday) and the Richmond parking meters weren’t patrolled that day.

Thus MLK Day was always a very convenient rallying day for assuring a good turnout.

Until 2020, the annual LOBBY DAY on the MLK holiday was also considered to be early enough in the session to still have enormous influence in preventing the bad Dem bills from either being voted out of committee or voted to passage in the full chambers.

All bets are off in 2020: the NRA-ILA is emphasizing that testimony on Monday, January 13th, 2020 in committee against the bad bills is crucial because the Dems are racing to vote them all out of committee and moving to pass them before the VCDL Lobby Day, when VCDL’s organized lobbying of legislators (and outdoor show of overwhelming support for killing the bad bills) is traditionally effective.

The VCDL LOBBY DAY is still crucial - - matters even more than it has for a more than a decade - - but the flipping of the VA Legislature to the Dems changed everything, including the pace of the legislating.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County

Same thought I had. Wish NRA would have put this much into 2013 with Maryland and last year with the crazy sh’t they tried to pull.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Same thought I had. Wish NRA would have put this much into 2013 with Maryland and last year with the crazy sh’t they tried to pull.

In War you pick the battles that you are going to win.

VA will be tough but they only have a 2 or 3 seat majority in the Senate

MD is like Custard's last stand the chance of victory is slim to none and slim is on vacation!!!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    In War you pick the battles that you are going to win.

VA will be tough but they only have a 2 or 3 seat majority in the Senate

MD is like Custard's last stand the chance of victory is slim to none and slim is on vacation!!!

Agreed. But this is a national problem and it would be nice to see the same effort everywhere. Especially in states like Maryland. Best of luck to all freedom loving Americans, but it would be nice to have the same representation across the board when needed. We all pay the same organization but they pick and choose where they lend support and on what level.

Sadly I believe a good Supreme Court decision on a major case is our only hope at this point in having some of this stop. Everyone did a hell of a job in Maryland last year in Annapolis and I thank you all. But the NRA on a highly represented level was nowhere to be found. At least I didn’t see it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agreed. But this is a national problem and it would be nice to see the same effort everywhere. Especially in states like Maryland. Best of luck to all freedom loving Americans, but it would be nice to have the same representation across the board when needed. We all pay the same organization but they pick and choose where they lend support and on what level.

Sadly I believe a good Supreme Court decision on a major case is our only hope at this point in having some of this stop. Everyone did a hell of a job in Maryland last year in Annapolis and I thank you all. But the NRA on a highly represented level was nowhere to be found. At least I didn’t see it.

No matter how much money NRA poured into MD, it really wouldn’t change anything. Libs have a super-majority AND think NRA is Satan. Sad to say, their money is best spent elsewhere....like on the court cases you alluded to

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I was going to ask the same thing? Or does NRA still consider us a lost state and just provide testimony? I realize it's like trying to have a conversation with the dead, but come on...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The unfortunate reality in the Maryland political landscape , the NRA is considered the Great Satan to such an extent that a high profile effort by NRA on a particular Bill would bring out more frevored Anti opposition than if they didn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom