• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you prefer to attend x2 Weekdays or x1 Weekend class?

• x2 Weekday Evenings class. Post which weekdays you would prefer

Votes: 2 7.1%
    • x1 Weekend day class. Post if you would prefer Saturday or Sunday

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Coming Soon NRA Instructor Training. Starting with the NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) course which is a pre-requisite for all the NRA firearm safety instructor courses.

So the question is would you rather spend x2 evenings for three hours each during the week or one six hour class on a Saturday or Sunday? click on the poll or reply to the thread and post your answer.

Thanks.

Dukes Defense

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I could plan for either weekend day, but Sundays may be easier since there tends to be more family demands on Saturdays.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Either weekend day - it would be easy to plan around either Saturday or Sunday, although Saturday would probably be a bit better for me.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I actually liked the two days during the week as it was easier to stomach. Either one works though.

I was under the impression the actually BIT is not a recognized course with the NRA and that it must be done in combination with a concentration.

At least that is what I was told.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    I actually liked the two days during the week as it was easier to stomach. Either one works though.

I was under the impression the actually BIT is not a recognized course with the NRA and that it must be done in combination with a concentration.

Yes that is correct. We will have a follow on Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun course with the BIT on a following weekend.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012

You took the BIT a few weeks ago but are taking the pistol portion in October or so, is that right? Is that when you'll get your certification?

It's also my understanding that once you have the BIT (w/ pistol, for example), you don't have to retake it for shotgun or rifle, you just have to take the specialty portion of those courses.

Colt Justice

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Wish I knew you were going to do this. I signed up several weeks ago at the Mayberry Game Protective Association, and took the pre-qualifacation class yesterday in Westminster. I go back Sept. 5 & 6 for the BIT and on the 8th for the Basic Pistol class. 45 minute drive to your place is a lot closer than the 1 1/2 hours to Westminster for me. :( Maybe when you offer different disciplines I will come to you. Much easier for me.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    You took the BIT a few weeks ago but are taking the pistol portion in October or so, is that right? Is that when you'll get your certification?

It's also my understanding that once you have the BIT (w/ pistol, for example), you don't have to retake it for shotgun or rifle, you just have to take the specialty portion of those courses.

It depends. Most TC's will waive the BIT requirement if you take an instructor class within 1 year of taking the BIT.

Some require taking the BIT for each certification class.

To be safe, always ask the TC who is conducting the instructor class.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    It depends. Most TC's will waive the BIT requirement if you take an instructor class within 1 year of taking the BIT.

Some require taking the BIT for each certification class.

To be safe, always ask the TC who is conducting the instructor class.

Thanks Michael. Good advice. BTW, I completed the MSPQHI course this past weekend w/ Ben & Brook, and they paid great compliments to you, as well as doing a great job themselves. So I wanted to pass that along, as well as my own gratitude for helping make that course accessible. I thoroughly enjoyed it & learned tons. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom