• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Whats everyones thoughts on the 7.62X39 pistol? Is it legal to buy a pistol and put a stock on and a regular barrel? Can it be done?

I imagine recoil on the 7.62 pistol is quite stought. I see I can get it for $800.

Also, there is another version, the micro draco. Any insight would be appreciated.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not legal, and requires significant gunsmithing. Not a good plan.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Keep it a pistol and either add a sig brace or you can fill out an ATF form 1, pay your $200 tax stamp, wait till you receive your tax stamp and then you can affix a stock on your new SBR provided it is at least 29” OAL and doesn’t have any other banned features.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Is something other than just the pistol grip considered illegal now? Like.... the sig brace?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Whats everyones thoughts on the 7.62X39 pistol? Is it legal to buy a pistol and put a stock on and a regular barrel? Can it be done?

I imagine recoil on the 7.62 pistol is quite stought. I see I can get it for $800.

Also, there is another version, the micro draco. Any insight would be appreciated.

If you're talking about the C39V2 pistol it's likely going to have all of the issues that the C39V2 rifle has. A quick search on YouTube will get you a decent selection of videos talking about the issues.

You can't add a stock and longer barrel but you can SBR them if you're willing to pay the tax and wait. All of the Draco's are made in Romania except for the US Draco which is obviously made here. Don't get the US Draco.

The Draco is long enough to easily meet Maryland's 29" OAL rule when SBR'd, the Mini Draco can probably get there if you try hard enough, and I wouldn't even attempt to try to get the Micro Draco to 29". You will also have more options for handguards for the full size Draco.

Draco's can be had for under $700. Add the long Ace AK Skeleton Stock (AKFX(L)-0.5") for $100 (after you get your approved Form 1 back from the ATF) and you're over the Maryland 29" OAL. Add in the cost of the Tax Stamp and you're all in for somewhere between $1,000 and $1,100 depending on what the Draco cost and shipping for the stock.

If you want a side folding stock you can get the adapter from the same place as the Ace stock for $60. Though then you can't put a flash hider or suppressor on it. I'm personally going with the side folding option when I do mine since I will never suppress it.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Check the full text if FSA2013 but I know you can’t have a folding stock and flash hider. Which are common on AK builds. I believe it’s you can’t have 2 evil features but 1 is ok. The banned features are, grenade launchers and or flare, a folding stock, and flash suppressor. Otherwise it’s a copycat weapon.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Check the full text if FSA2013 but I know you can’t have a folding stock and flash hider. Which are common on AK builds. I believe it’s you can’t have 2 evil features but 1 is ok. The banned features are, grenade launchers and or flare, a folding stock, and flash suppressor. Otherwise it’s a copycat weapon.

Right. The Draco ships with a tack welded thread protector so as long as he doesn't want to add a flash hider or suppress it he can have a folding stock.

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Look for a Serbian Pap M85 or M92, add a pistol brace adapter, pistol tube, and your brace of choice and have at it. They're fun to shoot, but just like any rifle caliber pistol, they're loud and annoying to those standing next to you.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Might I suggest a looking at a Vz2008 before going the MD compliant AK route

Beaver barf stock conversions for the Vz2008 are inexpensive also

No, it’s not an AK but I think it is better and more accurate and all the reliability and same caliber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom