• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    My next purchase will be a quality over under shotgun. I seem to have narrowed my choices down to the Citori 725 field and the Cynergy CX. Will be used primarily for clay shooting(trap, sporting and maybe some skeet) I was surprised that the Citori can only be had with 26” or 28” barrels while the Cynergy can get up to 32”. After doing a lot of reading I am still unsure of the ideal barrel. I’ve handled a 30 and 32 and both felt good, Wasn’t able to handle a 28”. Pricing on the Citori is considerably higher which I don’t mind if your getting something useful for the value. I’ve read great reviews on both guns, any input would be great.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My next purchase will be a quality over under shotgun. I seem to have narrowed my choices down to the Citori 725 field and the Cynergy CX. Will be used primarily for clay shooting(trap, sporting and maybe some skeet) I was surprised that the Citori can only be had with 26” or 28” barrels while the Cynergy can get up to 32”. After doing a lot of reading I am still unsure of the ideal barrel. I’ve handled a 30 and 32 and both felt good, Wasn’t able to handle a 28”. Pricing on the Citori is considerably higher which I don’t mind if your getting something useful for the value. I’ve read great reviews on both guns, any input would be great.

For trap, skeet and clays, I'd go with a 30". I shoot fixed choke Brownings. I shoot a 32" for trap and 28" for skeet. So 30" would be a good in-between. :D

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    I'll venture to guess that's why Browning discontinued the 30" 725 Field. They figure clay shooters have the money to afford the 30" 725 Sporting.
    Ya, the sporting starts to get out of my price range. Looking like the Cynergy may be the best choice. I've read mostly great reviews on them.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    I own both, a 725 sporting clay model w/32 " barrels and an older Cynergy SC model w/30"(the model with stock that has the huge inset recoil pad). I enjoy shooting both and can shoot both fairly well. So far no trouble and both guns have over 20,000 rounds through them. You may want to look at a Citori CX too. Which ever one you chose make sure that it fits you.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The Browning line-up is always changing. One year they make something, the next they don't. Then they make it again. Always check the full line dealers. W.e. sells in Hanover and Clyde's in Arbutus. Clyde's prices are high, but they stock a ton of B guns.

ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    I have a 32" Cynergy CX and absolutely love it. I got it for $1200 during a browning promo last year, you will be hard pressed to find a better deal for a quality new o/u.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Ya, the sporting starts to get out of my price range. Looking like the Cynergy may be the best choice. I've read mostly great reviews on them.

Just avoid used ones. Earlier Cynergy models were prone to failure and, for the most part, abysmal. Browning sold a lot of them at a huge loss to empty out inventory, especially polymer-stocked versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom