• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Took the .300 blackout and some various ammo types with me up to Guntry of Maryland in Owings Mills to shoot in their air conditioned 100 yd range.
    Had some 125 grain HPs, Nosler Ballistic tips and SSTs with me. Just wanted to see if I could tell any difference in performance on paper (in a living creature, I assure you there'd be a lot of difference ;) ).
    I have a 1x6 scope on it and had the magnification cranked up to 6 power.
    Didn't see much difference in groups between the 3 rounds.
    I'm no sniper but I felt pretty good with the results of my efforts (considering it was a new range, didn't have quite the right shooting bags, etc.).
    What do my fellow enthusiasts think? Respectable outing or do I need a few more 1000 rounds of practice :D
    Thanks for any feedback.
    Best,
    Jim

Attachments

• .300blackout targeta.jpg
      .300blackout targeta.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 185

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Nothing to be ashamed of by any stretch. I think all you need is some patience and practice to bring those groups in even tighter. Concentrate on the groupings then once you have them nice and tight then you can shoot for final zero.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nothing to be ashamed of by any stretch. I think all you need is some patience and practice to bring those groups in even tighter. Concentrate on the groupings then once you have them nice and tight then you can shoot for final zero.
    +1
    Bull's eyes don't count(at first). Groups do. I'd rather see 1" or less groups three inches off the bull than holes scattered all around and in the bull. Practice and patience. Keep shooting. :thumbsup:

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    1) If you are practicing to defend yourself you're fine. That paper target is having a very bad day.

2) Yes. You need 1000 more rounds of practice. But to be fair I'd say that if you put the first 1000 rounds through a single hole because more shooting is always fun. Might wait until 1000 was affordable though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom