• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Bumping this thread. Any IP's have stripped forged lowers in stock? Might send a buddy to pick up an Anderson at Tyler's, but curious if anyone has any other brands available.

Can you really do that? Have someone else pick up a 77R item. I'm genuinely interested. I'm on the Eastern Shore and, while I have options, they're generally better on the other side of the bridge.

Car

Apr 3, 2020
    Bass Pro Shop in Arundel Mills has a lower on the shelf, $50. I do not know the brand as nothing is stamped on right side of the lower itself.

Tactikool

Jun 30, 2020
    If anyone else is still looking, Gun Connection in White Marsh had an Aero Precision for $90 and a Spikes for $120 as of yesterday. (14 AUG)

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Can you really do that? Have someone else pick up a 77R item. I'm genuinely interested. I'm on the Eastern Shore and, while I have options, they're generally better on the other side of the bridge.

By send a buddy in I mean for him to get one for himself. He has been on the market but doesn't understand the ins and outs or brands like I do, so i've been helping him.

I got to give a shout out to Free State in Middle River. We just got back and they had Spikes Tactical forged lowers (spider insignia) for $97. They apparently had 20 this morning and we got the second to last one.

After calling around the last few weeks and seeing mostly Andersons for $100 and up, I got to give it to Free State for not gouging at all. Just back in January I paid $115 for a Spikes lower, and I picked up two of them at that price.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Bass Pro Shop in Arundel Mills has a lower on the shelf, $50. I do not know the brand as nothing is stamped on right side of the lower itself.

Really? Must be a sign of the times, because I've never seen any lowers, let alone anything remotely "black and scary" at BP. Except one time when apparently someone ordered a pair of AR10's then cancelled the order after they arrived at the shop. Made me wonder if he did it on purpose to troll.

For $50 for the lowers, I am definitely curious what they had. Likely anderson.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    By send a buddy in I mean for him to get one for himself. He has been on the market but doesn't understand the ins and outs or brands like I do, so i've been helping him.

I got to give a shout out to Free State in Middle River. We just got back and they had Spikes Tactical forged lowers (spider insignia) for $97. They apparently had 20 this morning and we got the second to last one.

After calling around the last few weeks and seeing mostly Andersons for $100 and up, I got to give it to Free State for not gouging at all. Just back in January I paid $115 for a Spikes lower, and I picked up two of them at that price.

OK, that explains it. I can see that now just not the way I read it the first time.

duckduckgoose

Sep 7, 2016
    Annapolis, MD
    Really? Must be a sign of the times, because I've never seen any lowers, let alone anything remotely "black and scary" at BP. Except one time when apparently someone ordered a pair of AR10's then cancelled the order after they arrived at the shop. Made me wonder if he did it on purpose to troll.

For $50 for the lowers, I am definitely curious what they had. Likely anderson.

This one was gone last week but there was another Anderson lower there on Tuesday the 25th when I swung by, $55. They had two empty lower build kit spaces as well. There was a few more rifles on the rack than the week prior, but even less handguns. 60% of the handguns in stock were 22s.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I spoke to someone at Engage Friday and they got more in stock. The Engage lowers are $115 and they have Anderson as well for $105. A friend of mine picked one up (Engage) for his first rifle.

Not the best deals going but I know people have been happy with the in house lower. Curious to see how it differs from the 2 previous variations I've seen.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    Machine Gun Nest in Frederick just got in a bunch of Aero Precision stripped lowers and maybe 20 Aero M4E1 complete lowers. I think they had some M5 lowers as well.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Tyler's has had a pretty regular supply of M&M Firearms mil spec stripped lowers in stock. Priced a little high at ~$129 but they are true M16 pocket cut lowers (legal because no third hole). M&M may not be a household name but the 5 that I have handled and one I have for myself have all been excellent.

Tyler's also had a bunch of ATI's which i've heard only bad things about.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Tyler's has had a pretty regular supply of M&M Firearms mil spec stripped lowers in stock. Priced a little high at ~$129 but they are true M16 pocket cut lowers (legal because no third hole). M&M may not be a household name but the 5 that I have handled and one I have for myself have all been excellent.

Tyler's also had a bunch of ATI's which i've heard only bad things about.

Aren't the M&M's produced without a logo? If those are what I've seen I like the clean look. They look nice.

I have several from Engage and the most recent batches are different lowers produced several years ago. The most obvious being the lack of texture in front of the mag well. I'd like to know who produces them but they won't say.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    Can confirm basspro now carries lowers. They are Anderson lowers and they started carrying them in Feb/March of 2020. Now if there are still in stock is another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom