• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I have a Sig X5, full size. I have now put a size S carry grip on it and it hasn't fixed my problem. With my small hands, my trigger finger ends up sliding to the bottom of the flat trigger, and gets pinched. That's where it wants to be, with where the gun wants to sit in my hand. This is very uncomfortable, and does nothing for my accuracy. I can't find p320 curved triggers for sale on Sigs website. Does anyone know of a source for these? Or for a good aftermarket curved trigger? One with a shorter reset would be great.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Gray Guns has a hybrid curved adjustable trigger that shortens reset.

https://grayguns.com/product/p320-adjustable-hybrid-trigger/

They also have a standard curved trigger. I thought it used to say it shorten reset too but it's not in the description anymore so I don't know if they changed the trigger once they released the hybrid trigger or if it's the same trigger as before.

https://grayguns.com/product/practical-enhanced-leverage-p320-trigger-pelt2/

Osage County Guns has Sig's Lightweight Adverse Trigger, which I believe is what they're calling the trigger used in the voluntary upgrade.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-1302040-03-r.html

EDIT: Just found info saying the Lightweight Adverse Trigger is in fact the curved trigger shipping with all P320's from the factory.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Shoot it using your middle finger, it's longer.
    I worked with 2 women who's hands were too small for our issue P229s.
    They shot with the best of us.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Gray Guns has a hybrid curved adjustable trigger that shortens reset.

https://grayguns.com/product/p320-adjustable-hybrid-trigger/

They also have a standard curved trigger. I thought it used to say it shorten reset too but it's not in the description anymore so I don't know if they changed the trigger once they released the hybrid trigger or if it's the same trigger as before.

https://grayguns.com/product/practical-enhanced-leverage-p320-trigger-pelt2/

Osage County Guns has Sig's Lightweight Adverse Trigger, which I believe is what they're calling the trigger used in the voluntary upgrade.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-1302040-03-r.html

EDIT: Just found info saying the Lightweight Adverse Trigger is in fact the curved trigger shipping with all P320's from the factory.

Thanks! I will look into these!

Shoot it using your middle finger, it's longer.
    I worked with 2 women who's hands were too small for our issue P229s.
    They shot with the best of us.

That would just move my finger even further down. The length of my finger isn't the issue, especially with the smaller grip. I also don't want to make a big change like that when I don't need to on my other guns, but thanks for the outside the box advice, it is appreciated.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Search "trigger boots" or shoes.

Get one of those rubber finger cots? That people wear on the finger tip to sort through papers. Might help it grip.

Last edited:

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I have a Sig X5, full size. I have now put a size S carry grip on it and it hasn't fixed my problem. With my small hands, my trigger finger ends up sliding to the bottom of the flat trigger, and gets pinched. That's where it wants to be, with where the gun wants to sit in my hand. This is very uncomfortable, and does nothing for my accuracy. I can't find p320 curved triggers for sale on Sigs website. Does anyone know of a source for these? Or for a good aftermarket curved trigger? One with a shorter reset would be great.

Katie I have one of the post upgrade curved stock triggers that you can have if you are interested.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Katie I have one of the post upgrade curved stock triggers that you can have if you are interested.

Thanks Greg!! But before I take you up on that...

Has anyone used the grayguns hybrid trigger with the adjustable reset? That sounds pretty fabulous. The long reset is another thing I would love to change.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another thing to try is the Wilson Combat grip module. Not only is it a sexy beast but the top of the grip is scalloped out where your thumb and forefinger ride.

Attachments

• 20200809_185617.jpg
      20200809_185617.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 219

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Someone couldn't fit their mags with this grip the other week at Delta. Have you had any issues? I'm not sure which mags they had.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Someone couldn't fit their mags with this grip the other week at Delta. Have you had any issues? I'm not sure which mags they had.
    I can tell you that the baseplate mags that come with the X5 Legion don't fit all the other grip modules. Could be something like that.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

That was me, but in the Legion XFive grip module, 17 rd mags are a no go. The Wilson module was on back order so I ordered the Legion and they both came in within days of each other so I brought them both without having shot either one.

The newer 17 rd versions with the round SIG logo will fit in the Wilson with no problems because the part of the base plate that sticks up on the bottom of the mag is slimmer than the previous generations. A dremel makes the older ones compatible.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown

All of the circle Sig logo magazines work with it as do any mags with the Gray Guns Hard Duty Use base pads. The legion ones should fit the Wilson grip since they should be out of the magwell area. The ones with Sig Sauer labeled base pads won't work because of the tab thickness on the sides.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    All of the circle Sig logo magazines work with it as do any mags with the Gray Guns Hard Duty Use base pads. The legion ones should fit the Wilson grip since they should be out of the magwell area. The ones with Sig Sauer labeled base pads won't work because of the tab thickness on the sides.

Yep.

New model on left.

Attachments

• 20200809_192500.jpg
      20200809_192500.jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 122

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Tim in our squad had the mag problem too, with 20 rounders (21...22...whatever...the big ones are). I think they were the older style. Even though the baseplate was taller, it had the squared shoulders just like Stoveman's pic. All of our 320 mags are the new tapered ones...so I'm pretty sure we should be ok with the Wilson module.

I keep telling Katie that the simplest solution is to buy the smallest 320 compact/carry she can. It will come with the curved trigger she wants, and she can swap the guts with the X5. Easy peasy, no lost or broken parts. And, maybe on the much smaller frame, she'll be able to reach the flat trigger. If that part doesn't work...well...I like flat triggers :shrug:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Tim in our squad had the mag problem too

You're right, I now remember talking to him after the match about it.

I received the Wilson on Thursday before the match so I put in the fire control group and slapped on the slide from my 320 Carry and thought that was going to be the one I was going to shoot. Then the Legion comes in on Saturday so I did the same thing and threw it in my range bag on Sunday morning before I headed out.

Shot the first stage (plate rack) with the Wilson and then switched to the Legion for the next one. Got in the box, grabbed a 17 rd mag, shoved it in, racked the slide and re-holstered. On the beep I did my usual lightning fast draw (:D) and there goes the mag onto the ground in front of me. :lol2: :confused::shocked3::wtf:

Finished off that stage using the 21 rd mags with no issue.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Tim in our squad had the mag problem too, with 20 rounders (21...22...whatever...the big ones are). I think they were the older style. Even though the baseplate was taller, it had the squared shoulders just like Stoveman's pic. All of our 320 mags are the new tapered ones...so I'm pretty sure we should be ok with the Wilson module.

I keep telling Katie that the simplest solution is to buy the smallest 320 compact/carry she can. It will come with the curved trigger she wants, and she can swap the guts with the X5. Easy peasy, no lost or broken parts. And, maybe on the much smaller frame, she'll be able to reach the flat trigger. If that part doesn't work...well...I like flat triggers :shrug:

If you two show up for the Sept match, she can try my 320 carry with a curved Apex trigger.

I might even have another Apex curved trigger in the basement she could just have if she likes it

*edit: Should add, I'm running the Gray Guns flat trigger in my x5 legion she can see how it feels too. Wish I saw this yesterday and I could have let her try it during set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom