• Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Recieved this from Delegate Haddaway!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

From Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio April 5, 2010

Dear Constituent,

Thank you for contacting me regarding firearms legislation and 2nd Amendment issues pending before the Maryland General Assembly this year. Below you will find a synopsis of some of these bill as well as my position on each of them. I appreciate you taking the time to write regarding this important issue and continue my commitment to upholding the 2nd Amendment.

Sincerely,

Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio

House Bill 52 - Reciprical Licenses

House Bill 52 would specify that a license to carry a regulated firearm issued by the State of Delaware, Pennsylvania or Virginia to an individual (including a concealed regulated firearm), is valid in Maryland. Despite the fact that the bill was heard in early January, the House Judiciary Committee will not bring it up for a vote. With that in mind, there is an effort to petition the bill to the floor for a vote. The petition requires 47 signatures to be valid. Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio supports HB52 and signed onto the petition.
    House Bill 207 - Castle Doctrine

Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio cosponsored legislation again this year on the Castle Doctrine . House Bill 207 specifies that a person is not liable for damages for the personal injury or death of an individual if the individual is entering a person's house or place of business with the intent to commit a crime of violence or a burglary. The bill passed in the House of Delegates 135-1 and is pending approval in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.
    House Bill 683 - Right to Carry

House Bill 683 would give Maryland citizens the right to carry. Del. Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio co-sponsored the legislation again this year. The bill was heard on March 11 in the House Judiciary Committee but no further action has been taken.
    House Bill 852 - Firearm Act

House Bill 852 would have established new, more restrictive requirements for the sale or transfer of firearms as well as adding additional record-keeping and reporting requirements for firearm dealers. Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio opposed this bill calling it "an affront to the rights of law abiding citizens in Maryland". The bill received an unfavorable report from the House Judiciary Committee.

Haddaway-Riccio Signs Petition

Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio signed a petition last week to bring House Bill 52 to the floor for a vote. See the full story below...
    Become a Fan
    of Jeannie
    on Facebook!

About the Delegate

Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio has been a member of the Maryland House of Delegates since 2003.

She represents District 37B which includes Talbot, Caroline, Dorchester and Wicomico Counties.

She was recently named a "Liberty Legislator" for voting in support of liberty during the 2009 session of the Maryland General Assembly.

Dragonfly Designs, LLC | PO Box 279 | Newcomb | MD | 21653

poorboy

Sep 25, 2009
    ive known jeannie all my life. jeannie and her family are great people. she"s very down to earth. she kows what has to be done and does her best to get it done.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah, I'm on her e-mail list just because she's reasonable....

PG and BMC need a few like her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom