• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    :lol2: I might as well add one. For even more holiday enjoyment, I recommend leaving the powder empty spout open on your Chargemaster and pouring fresh power in. It's the gift that keeps on giving, even after the jackpot has been spent!

There are those of have and those who will. :D

I am in the FORMER (edited) group.

Last edited:

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    For some additional holiday enjoyment, I highly recommend the exercise of pulling the handle on a MEC when out of sequence, and dumping charges of 8 shot onto the floor. It’s just like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine! The joy is utterly indescribable!

The worst is dropping an open 25lb of 9 shot! For those that don’t reload shotgun shells that is over 450,000 pieces of lead shot that are 2 mm in diameter! Granted not every piece left the bag but I’m sure is was over 400,000 that did.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    The worst is dropping an open 25lb of 9 shot! For those that don’t reload shotgun shells that is over 450,000 pieces of lead shot that are 2 mm in diameter! Granted not every piece left the bag but I’m sure is was over 400,000 that did.

Now that I haven’t done, knock on wood and twice to be sure.

Mother of God! I can’t even imagine having that much fun!

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    ...or seeing that Mr. MEC is out of sequence, flipping the bottles off to correct the sequencing, and THEN remembering you didn't put the plug back in the bottle top yet. Doesn't matter which bottle you filled last, the result is just as pleasing.....:party29:

Another issue with MEC reloaders is that the bottles can become brittle when they’re old. The bottle will break when they’re being tipped back. So MEC started selling bottle supports.

https://www.mecshootingsports.com/bottle-support

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Another issue with MEC reloaders is that the bottles can become brittle when they’re old. The bottle will break when they’re being tipped back. So MEC started selling bottle supports.

https://www.mecshootingsports.com/bottle-support
    Yeah,this became a real issue with the taller bottles. They wobble pretty bad under normal operations and put a lot of stress on the neck of the bottle......add some age and.......

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Half a bag if 7.5 for me.
    The bottle supports should come standard on them. I've moved on to a Pacific press though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom