• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    So I am new to the NFA game my first two tax stamps checks were cashed and apps received 5/30/18. At the time ATF said 7 months turn around time. That placed me around Dec 30 but with the shutdown can I forget about my stamps? Any insight of those who have been through other shutdowns would be appreciated

Last edited:

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    I guess it would depend if ATF is one of the agencies that has to shut down, if it is it will most definitely delay your application. Also many agency have carryover funding which can keep them working for a bit longer, even during a govt shutdown...
    keep your fingers crossed!)

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    Yeah I guess that’s all one can do. Sucks but out of my hands. I guess all I can do is by attachments for the joyous day.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Just forget about it until you get the call. Shutdown or no shutdown, it will come when it comes. I have lost track of what I had in. It was a nice surprise when I got the call.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just forget about it until you get the call. Shutdown or no shutdown, it will come when it comes. I have lost track of what I had in. It was a nice surprise when I got the call.
    :thumbsup: Agreed, exactly how I roll. But, for those waiting for their first, 2nd, 3rd,.....or 7th stamp, the wait is a bit more challenging. But, that wait gets easier with time and the number of stamps under your belt. :)

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Easier said than done but yeah

:thumbsup: Agreed, exactly how I roll. But, for those waiting for their first, 2nd, 3rd,.....or 7th stamp, the wait is a bit more challenging. But, that wait gets easier with time and the number of stamps under your belt. :)

I just checked and I didn't realize I have 3 in right now. One went in around the same May time frame. Once again, I forgot about it.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just got an email from NAR (Realtors Association), apparently FEMA is shutting down flood policies.

News Release from NAR:

WASHINGTON (December 26, 2018) – Today, the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a new opinion disallowing new or renewal flood insurance policies during the partial shutdown of the federal government. Shannon McGahn, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs for the National Association of Realtors®, issued the following in response to FEMA's ruling.

"Today's ruling comes contrary to Congressional intent and is in conflict with FEMA's decision to allow NFIP operations during the 16-day government shutdown in 2013. NAR and its 1.3 million members are extremely disappointed by this abrupt and ill-conceived change of course.
    "Last week, Congress passed legislation to fully reauthorize the NFIP through May. However, today's surprise FEMA ruling jeopardizes tens of thousands of home sales across America, as NAR estimates up to 40,000 closings are disrupted each month that the NFIP cannot issue flood insurance policies. NAR will continue carefully reviewing this ruling and we remain in communication with Congress and FEMA to remedy the situation as quickly as possible."

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    For those of you in "the know", flood insurance can be prohibitively expensive lately. If they stop issuing policies it can really disrupt the market for everyone.

Before you all get your panties in a bunch over FEMA, it's not about lowlifes in the lower Ninth Ward, we are talking about homes in all 50 States, homes near creeks or other small tributaries, waterfront folks all over the place will be impacted by this.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Again? This is getting old

Nothing more than the annual Kabuki dance. The Republicans pretend that they don’t want to raise the debt ceiling and the Democrats pretend the world will end if they don’t. So they do it and, voila, the world doesn’t end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom