WBAL-TV 11 needs a smackdown... (Part 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    I just saw the 7:00 AM news with what I believe would be a rerun from last night regarding the open forum in Westminster. Did I hear right?, "Dozens attended". From what I've read and seen on the other thread, it was over 300. In everyday life who would describe 300+ people as "dozens"? Yeah, "oh, 25 dozen" or maybe "about two dozen dozen". Even if you wouldn't say "a few hundred" saying "more than a couple hundred" or even "more than a hundred" would be more typical.

I'm tired of this crap.

Sorry, rant over.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I just saw the 7:00 AM news with what I believe would be a rerun from last night regarding the open forum in Westminster. Did I hear right?, "Dozens attended". From what I've read and seen on the other thread, it was over 300. In everyday life who would describe 300+ people as "dozens"? Yeah, "oh, 25 dozen" or maybe "about two dozen dozen". Even if you wouldn't say "a few hundred" saying "more than a couple hundred" or even "more than a hundred" would be more typical.

I'm tired of this crap.

Sorry, rant over.

Well...they are consistent. WJZ showed ONE person at the big rally in Annapolis, interviewed him (he was waiting for Obama's limo). NOTHING about the 4,000 or so pro-2A supporters just down the street. Nothing changes. :mad54:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I can confirm there were well over 300 last night - I had to wait in the wind/rain for 45 minutes until people left so I could get inside. The Best Western's ballroom was filled to capacity and the Fire Marshall wouldn't let anyone in until people left.

There were rumors about 2 antis being present, but not a single person testified for the bill.

The Carroll County Times has a decent write-up.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I can confirm there were well over 300 last night - I had to wait in the wind/rain for 45 minutes until people left so I could get inside. The Best Western's ballroom was filled to capacity and the Fire Marshall wouldn't let anyone in until people left.

There were rumors about 2 antis being present, but not a single person testified for the bill.

The Carroll County Times has a decent write-up.

Yup. I was there at 6:30 and was able to get a seat in the "standing room only" conference room. I know for a fact that folks were waiting outside. Lots of good testimony was offered and I was glad to have been there. Hope to be in Annapolis on the 1st as well.

Shaggy

Feb 8, 2013
    Westminster
    The web site has a better report. They still slanted it, but is way more fair. I was
    at the entire meeting and I think they picked some of the more “controversial” testimonies
    to quote. I don’t disagree with the speakers but someone who wasn’t there will just see,
    "I'm looking at this as basically we are at war, and the war is with the people who want to take our rights,"
    and not the entire testimony. Doesn't bother me and I know how he feels, but fence sitters
    and anti-freedom will see it differently than we do.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/politics...all/-/9379266/19103428/-/42qahpz/-/index.html

Jacob

Feb 4, 2013
    Central MD
    I was there to testify. The room had 200 seats and people started leaving when they found out they wouldn't be allowed in. There was still a crowd outside, including a number of people who had pre-registered to speak. I'm glad I was able to get in and had a chance to speak from a civil rights standpoint. I was specifically interested in adding to the reasoned debate, knowing that given the chance, the media would only show a short clip calling for war or shouting about cold dead hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom