• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    We've been talking about how to fight back like the left. One thing that has come up is Voter Registration drives. This past fall I joined Harford County Republican Women. Lauren Arikan is a freshman Delegate from my district and is an active member of the club. She has put her name behind a lot of good stuff so far. Last night I talked to the President, who is very supportive of the 2A and has offered to help out any way she/the club can. Being a new member, I don't know a lot about what the club has done so I wanted to ask her about voter registration drives. They do some at things like the County fair, etc, but it hasn't been a huge push. She talked to me about the process to become a voter registration volunteer and is going to reach out to others in the club who also want the training.

The point of all of this rambling backstory is that I thought it would be a great idea to have voter registration set up at tables at gun shows and other places conservatives visit. HCRW does not have a big budget to buy tables, but what would be fantastic was if we could work with other groups across the state to set up on the corner of someones table. If MSI, MSRP, etc would want to work together on this. Even if promoters would allow us a small table for free just inside the door, that would be even more amazing.

I understand very well that it is hard to get people to volunteer for things, even more so when there is a whole day class to get certified to do this. But I think this is important enough that as a community we can get behind this. I am planning on reaching out to other county Republican clubs and central committees, and if others could do the same, that would be fantastic.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    It's a good idea...but how do you actually convince people to vote? Half of the country sits on their apathetic asses at election time.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Hey, at least if they're registered that's one more hurdle cleared. One step closer to being able to help. The easier you make it for people the more likely they will do it. Let's face it, most people are lazy.

Last edited:

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    It's a good idea...but how do you actually convince people to vote? Half of the country sits on their apathetic asses at election time.

Not if you don't try. THIS is why it is 100% doable, If we can get a large turnout of Republicans and Indies, we could literally take Maryland back from the lunatic liberals and do it quickly. We could than return voting districts to some fsort of sanity and keep a balance in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom