• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    People vote their party affiliation. The election proved nothing except people typically vote their party except in rare occassions. I am non affiliated thus i vote whether i feel like my civil rights will be tested or not.

EndangeredMooseknuckle

Abducted Cynic
    Jun 23, 2017
    Southern MD, St. Marys
    "Former Taneytown police chief pleads guilty in illegal gun case"

"Former BPD Officer Gets 10 Years In Federal Prison For Crimes With Gun Trace Task Force"

I mean, those are two top related news articles. The BPD Detective rolled on the rest of his team to avoid up to 60 years. The Dem's case often is that LEO should have the firepower, not civilians. Time and time again its proven that we cannot always depend on others.

Please note these are isolated situations and I support LEO to the fullest. It's just not realistic to make it more difficult for one to protect themself in this state.

Hogan, however... Just wouldn't understand that..

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If we had 3,000, 30,000 or 50,000 people standing holding signs in protest, a smaller amount of men with guns would be standing between you and the lawmakers for their protection

Some irony:
    I find the irony in the fact that when they want to protect something they use guns.
    When we want to protect something (our rights) we use signs and hope for the same level of protection.

We need to get the message out through email, phone, internet and donate more money than we have in the past.

If we had 3,000, 30,000 or 50,000 people standing there would be no place left (or drive) to stand in downtown Annapolis. :party29:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Not saying that demonstrating isn't important and numbers do matter...but gun owners could fill up the National Mall in DC and it might get a blip of time on the national news. If a gun owner would jay walk at the demonstration that would be national news as gun owners can't be trusted to follow the law.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Is this being proposed at the Maryland level, or the federal level? The legislation actually has a name behind it. It is the "Keep Americans Safe Act", which makes me believe that this is on the federal level, and not the state level. So, much lower chance of this passing unless Trump views standard capacity mags in the same light as bumpstocks.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah not sure why this is in Maryland 2A Issues , I'm pretty sure this is Congress and not the Maryland General Assembly. No Republican co-sponsors being "one of many obstacles."

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    That's assuming the 3-5,000 was all pro-2a. Which i am not sure is the case. Especially since it was right after Sandy Hook. If we get 5,000-10000 to show up, it would make a big difference.

There were a hundred or so Mommies but they ran out of people to testify for the bill fairly early in the day. The line to testify against SB281 snaked up and down the halls and folks were still testifying well after midnight.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I'm done being "respectful" and "civil" towards the politicians and leftists who propose to further erode my constitutional rights. Strip away all of the crap, and the bottom line is disarmament of the law abiding people.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I'm done being "respectful" and "civil" towards the politicians and leftists who propose to further erode my constitutional rights. Strip away all of the crap, and the bottom line is disarmament of the law abiding people.

:party29:

Eff them, each and every one including the governor.

There's no way any of y'all would want me to testify for us in front of those POS

They have no respect for law abiding citizens so I have zero respect for them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :party29:

Eff them, each and every one including the governor.

There's no way any of y'all would want me to testify for us in front of those POS

They have no respect for law abiding citizens so I have zero respect for them.

They pass these sanctuary bills in violation of Federal law. If they don’t respect the nations laws, why should I respect the laws these dipshits pass?

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    I read your thread... I took it as saying, hey, I got this idea to do something different, what would some ideas be...something along the lines of x,y,z.

clearly what has been done does not work...

Seriously, doubling down on something that has been proven not to work? I don't get it, but that's just me.

Exactly. What is the point? To feel like "we're doing something"? Where have I heard that before?

Only ways to prevent further infringement are a massively larger turnout or different tactics.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    They pass these sanctuary bills in violation of Federal law. If they don’t respect the nations laws, why should I respect the laws these dipshits pass?

because you will get three hots and a cot. for their violation, ignorance and overreach, they simply get re-elected.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Yeah, I think Maryland 2A has become a place just to come to piss and moan about what is going on.

Think about it this way. When you read a Washington Post or USA Today article the headline is the grabber and the facts are in paragraph 7. Most people stop reading if at all by paragraph 2. So the fake news is well before the facts because they know the habits of the average person.

We are the average person. I do it all the time. I like the Wall Street Journal but some of the articles just drone on so I catch myself skipping knowing I shouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom