• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I wonder if a police report of being robbed, even though it was while working, would get your sister a permit for "personal protection" instead of having to get an employer to sponsor her?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I wonder if a police report of being robbed, even though it was while working, would get your sister a permit for "personal protection" instead of having to get an employer to sponsor her?
    You know better. The threat wasn't specifically directed at her. Come on bro this is MSP we are talking about.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'd possibly carry it anyways, or at least keep it in my car, and use it only as a last resort if necessary.

While I have heard of a couple incidents where employees get fired for using a lawfully owned gun in self defence at work, the majority of such incidents I've heard about on the news don't end up with a fired employee. Possibly a verbal reprimand.

As for applying for a permit. I'd present the police report, inform them that she used her personal vehicle and may now be personally identifiable by the perpetrator, especially if the thief got a glimpse of her license plate, and that she will keep working in the same area, thus a real danger is present to her safety.

We just had something like this happen at a hospital. The thread was posted on here. The hospital had a no guns policy, but this doctor was carrying. He shot a lunatic that had just shot somebody and that was getting ready to shoot the doctor too. They think he stopped a mass murder. The hospital did not fire him even though he broke the "no guns" policy.

I just read the article. It happened in July 2014. Wish I could find the thread regarding it where there was another article showing that the doctor was not fired as a result of the defensive shooting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/24/shooting-wellness-center/13113555/

End of the day, I would rather lose my job than my life. Now, if it is against the law to carry, and I would lose my freedom, I might choose to lose my life instead, However, I would most likely just quit my job instead if I thought my life was in danger and the reward was receiving tips (i.e., risk/reward).

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    We just had something like this happen at a hospital. The thread was posted on here. The hospital had a no guns policy, but this doctor was carrying. He shot a lunatic that had just shot somebody and that was getting ready to shoot the doctor too. They think he stopped a mass murder. The hospital did not fire him even though he broke the "no guns" policy.

I just read the article. It happened in July 2014. Wish I could find the thread regarding it where there was another article showing that the doctor was not fired as a result of the defensive shooting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/24/shooting-wellness-center/13113555/

End of the day, I would rather lose my job than my life. Now, if it is against the law to carry, and I would lose my freedom, I might choose to lose my life instead, However, I would most likely just quit my job instead if I thought my life was in danger and the reward was receiving tips (i.e., risk/reward).

Anyone who walks where rattlesnakes live, is wise to wear gators to protect their legs from bites.

Anyone who works in a job where the potential for armed robbery exists, should NOT EVER be denied the means and the right to defend themselves against that threat.

The CEOs of those companies who deny the employees the basic rights and means of legal self defense, SHOULD be out there riding around like their employees and delivering the products themselves.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    :sad20:What do they say about Pepper spray??
    Pepper_Spray-Riot_Control-Bear_Deterrent-16_oz-Handheld.jpg

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
    Looks like a condiment for pizza to me:shrug:

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Also remember the joys of duty to retreat in this state. Doesn't apply in one's home, but certainly applies on someone else's doorstep. That's the law.

Some of us would prefer to be alive to deal with the aftermath than to be stuck in a box and laid in the ground.

In Maryland there is no duty to retreat when being robbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom