• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Something interesting to note is at the bottom of the article, how there were 300,000 fewer hunting licenses than in 1992. That's a horrible problem.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Something interesting to note is at the bottom of the article, how there were 300,000 fewer hunting licenses than in 1992. That's a horrible problem.

Might indeed be down, but depends on their numbers. In PA, at a couple hearings for hunting/gun stuff the antis spout that the numbers are down, about 100K/10% from 2000-2010, and for modern firearms, this is true, but they don't mention archery/muzzleloader and bear licenses are up about 100K, or about 20% in the same time frame. There are just a many hunters, they just hunt with different weapons or different species.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    My bet is he didnt wait long enough before approaching the deer, and then didnt check to see if it was dead....

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    No joke. The comments section of HuffPo is enough to make me start smoking again.

Sad story for the hunter and his family though. Further reminder that going into the field can be dangerous. Stay safe this season guys.

-Hyde

Attachments

• meatfail.jpg
      meatfail.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 159

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Ugh, I shouldn't have started reading the HuffPo comments section.

You know, I was sitting there, thinking, "do I dare click the button?" The comments are hidden away like Huffpost is embarrassed of them.

I knew what I was in for, but I clicked anyway. Wow. But then I read a comment from an angry vegetarian about how it's shameful that people were cheering about a decent man's death. That restored my faith in humanity a little.

And then I think: "Why did Huffpost even run this article?" Because they know damn well that most of their readers would laugh and celebrate the death of a Republican gun nut. Hell, we don't even know that he was a Republican or even in the NRA. He could have even been a Fudd who voted Democrat in every election for the last forty years. He might have very well been motivated by a fear of overpopulated deer starving to death and getting hit by cars and planned to donate the venison to a food pantry, but noooo... the Huffpost crowd is laughing about how "he got what he deserved" and "the Reputards are going to be down one redneck."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom