• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Yes, thanks for the video. That was cool. As far as .22 shot shells are concerned, I just don't see the practicality. They wouldn't be very effective for either hunting or self defense but for something 'different' to shoot, I don't see any harm to your guns.

If I were looking for a snake gun to carry as a backup to my rifle, I'd have to recommend the S&W Governor/Taurus Judge route. Try one if you have the opportunity! :D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I don't think this was a stupid question at all.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4919854&postcount=45
    This ^^^ is what happens when you do a 22 conversion and shoot shotshell from a sporterized mosin.

Marlin 795 has microgroove rifling I recall and I think the issue with a steady diet is the plastic building up in the grooves being hard to clean unless you use a plastic dis-solver.

My local indoor range would have a fit if I shot at 10ft w/ shotshell

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Major shaker of salt with the concept of "total devastation " .

That was 9 shots cumulative. Each round's pattern is way splotchier, with gaps . A target the size of snake's head, or the vital zone on a rat would expect to recieve1-5 pellets .

.22WMR , the pellets would probably penetrate one side of empty alum soda can, but not both.

Cool video, keep them coming.

Total devastation = Back of target was "fuzzy" because of all the tiny little holes.

Yes, at 10' you'd just piss em off. The pic is 9 rounds of 22lr and 9 rounds of 22wmr so if you imagine something the size of a quarter anywhere on the target and divide by 18 that's not many pellets per shot. I shot a lot of rats at 10-15' with my pellet gun which was pretty much bad news for them getting hit anywhere.

I took a couple small balloons and a pepsi can on a string I wanted to hang on the target but they NO, nothing but paper. Looking forward to eventually making it to Delmarva so I can "play" a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom