• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Yes they are, Wife and I got 1-1 instruction from them. Top notch.

Only problem is they are 2.5+ hour round trip from us,, so not making it there much. Also they are indoor only,, no even basic 100yd rifle. Don't get me wrong, a local pistol range would be great.

Again, Flat Broke....world class indoor range!!!!

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Looks like it's going to be a nice day,, I think I will head to one of those new Calvert shooting ranges !! :lol2:

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Dont go to Myrtle Grove on saturday morning or weekday evenings just before closing time.

If you go mid-day during the week, it tends to be quiet and you will mostly encounter other shooters who are courteous and safety minded.

Went there at opening, was only a few people. Nice time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    I frequent Myrtle Grove and haven’t had any problems. Other than the Brass collectors wandering into my area while I’m shooting. It’s a pretty chill place, take my wife and kids there probably once a month.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Any updates on the "proposed" ranges in Calvert?
    The rumored one near Briscos Turn,
    The Sanners Lake "land purchase" ?
    J2 Defense indoor range ?

Do any of these have full county approval?
    Any under construction?

Thanks,

Lowflyer3960

Oct 6, 2017
    Charles County
    SCSC is alive and well. Charles County has said that MEMBERS can shoot on the property as it is a PRIVATE shooting area.
    You can join the club and shoot on its 200 yd facility.
    Meetings at the Old Waldorf School on the first wednesday of the month at 7 pm.
    The Club does need younger members who will be active.
    A 40 year member

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    SCSC is alive and well. Charles County has said that MEMBERS can shoot on the property as it is a PRIVATE shooting area.
    You can join the club and shoot on its 200 yd facility.
    Meetings at the Old Waldorf School on the first wednesday of the month at 7 pm.
    The Club does need younger members who will be active.
    A 40 year member
    That is good news to hear,, I never really followed the news/rumors,, But I had thought it was closed.

I did go to the web sight,, There is no real info on the facility. Location?, range details, types of ranges, etc. Not even a picture.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    re: SCSC when did that go into effect? After they lost their old range, bought their new property, and were served a C&D for shooting on the new property, I resigned (in good standing) my membership. You have pics/details of the new range? You can PM me if you want..

Lowflyer3960

Oct 6, 2017
    Charles County
    re: SCSC when did that go into effect? After they lost their old range, bought their new property, and were served a C&D for shooting on the new property, I resigned (in good standing) my membership. You have pics/details of the new range? You can PM me if you want..
    The stop work order was for the grading on the shooting area . a grading permit was obtained. The president at the time went into a panic mode and interpeted it as a no shooting order.
    A few of our current board members had a recent meeting with the county and got the ok as long as it was not open to the public..

old image before it was regrown
    Welcom Range.png

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    The stop work order was for the grading on the shooting area . a grading permit was obtained. The president at the time went into a panic mode and interpeted it as a no shooting order.
    A few of our current board members had a recent meeting with the county and got the ok as long as it was not open to the public..

old image before it was regrown
    View attachment 382414
    Very cool. Is it like the old one, or are there now “fudd” rules?

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    So,,
    is there an address/location?, hours? and list of features?
    interested,, but have no idea of where, what, when ??

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Lowflyer,
    You're not accepting PMs. Who's the current point of contact for membership at SCSC?

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    hardly used so far. you will most likely be the only one there during the week.
    Use common sense and your own rules.
    The SCSC website, when clicking the link on each shooting discipline, you get a message simular to:

"All St. Charles Sportsman's Club competitive shooting/match activities are closed, pending opening of a future outdoor range facility"

So are the ranges open? where is it located?
    I am interested,, but there is little to no info available

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    The SCSC website, when clicking the link on each shooting discipline, you get a message simular to:

"All St. Charles Sportsman's Club competitive shooting/match activities are closed, pending opening of a future outdoor range facility"

So are the ranges open? where is it located?
    I am interested,, but there is little to no info available
    You can’t really go by their website, I don’t think it’s been updated in YEARS…

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Any updates on the "proposed" ranges in Calvert?
    The rumored one near Briscos Turn,
    The Sanners Lake "land purchase" ?
    J2 Defense indoor range ?

Do any of these have full county approval?
    Any under construction?

Thanks,
    Forestry plan in place for Calvert property, don't know if they have secured a logging company yet.

Lowflyer3960

Oct 6, 2017
    Charles County
    SCSC website is damm near useless. No shooting matches as its a members only private range. NO Competitive matches.
    For Membership info contact David George
    Link
    stcharlessc.com

A special exemption is needed to open our "shooting area " to the public and is not being addressed until after clubhouse plans are completed.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    SCSC website is damm near useless. No shooting matches as its a members only private range. NO Competitive matches.
    For Membership info contact David George
    Link
    stcharlessc.com

A special exemption is needed to open our "shooting area " to the public and is not being addressed until after clubhouse plans are completed.
    Can you give a general location,, so I can decide if it is worth pursuing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom