• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Once again I come to ya'll for local recommendations.

The attic here at this house has fiberglass R11 and the roof here is dark charcoal or black. The attic heats up and pushes a lot of heat into the 2nd floor. I'm looking for a contractor to remove the 32 y/o insulation, closed cell sprayfoam the truss bays on the top of the drywall 2-3 inches, then top the foam with a pile of blown in cellulose. I'd like a solution that puts me >R40.

MDS has not disappointed with thier recommendations. Who have you all had success with and would recommend in the world of residential insulation?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Once again I come to ya'll for local recommendations.

The attic here at this house has fiberglass R11 and the roof here is dark charcoal or black. The attic heats up and pushes a lot of heat into the 2nd floor. I'm looking for a contractor to remove the 32 y/o insulation, closed cell sprayfoam the truss bays on the top of the drywall 2-3 inches, then top the foam with a pile of blown in cellulose. I'd like a solution that puts me >R40.

MDS has not disappointed with thier recommendations. Who have you all had success with and would recommend in the world of residential insulation?

I redid mine myself last year so I can't personally say but a good friend had Dean's Supply in Hollywood blow new insulation into his attic for a fair price last summer. May be worth giving them a call.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I redid mine myself last year so I can't personally say but a good friend had Dean's Supply in Hollywood blow new insulation into his attic for a fair price last summer. May be worth giving them a call.

Doesn't appear they handle spray foam, but they look to be well versed in another task I'll be ramping up for. Will give them a call for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom