• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HWB3

Jan 18, 2017
    Ellicott City
    I just wanted to post my experience with Dillon Precision. I purchased a Dillon RL 550 progressive loading press back in 1983 and have used it to load .38 spl. .357 mag, 9mm, and .223 rem. Over the years I have probably reloaded 20 -30+ thousand rounds without issues. This year I had the powder feeding assembly fail and Dillon send me a replacement part immediately which I installed and it fixed the problem initially. Subsequently, the problem returned and after contacting Dillon they had me ship the entire assembly back to them. Within a week I received an entire new assembly for the press with upgrades no charge. I have always been happy with the Dillon products but could not believe the support I got from them. Without question they replaced the unit no charge and no questions on my press that is almost 40 years old. When they say "Lifetime Warranty" they mean it! Anyone trying to decide if Dillon products are worth the money believe me you cannot ask for a better product or better service and support.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I really appreciate my 550. It is simple enough to be used as a single stage; but easily produces 1000 rounds of quality ammunition in a couple of hours.

If I ever wanted to be a competition shooter, I would get a 750 for greater output, but for my needs, the 550 caliber exchanges are very nicely priced. I use Lee powder measure disks on all of my pistol caliber tool heads. I re-verify what disk is throwing, and can look inside the cases to confirm the volume of powder in each case, so there really isn't much of a concern about producing squib loads. I also really like the light and mount from inline fabrication.

If you ever find yourself in Scottsdale, AZ, take some time and stop by the showroom. If you need your press rebuilt or upgraded, bring it with you and pay for return shipping. You will be rewarded with essentially a brand new press.

bam-az

Nov 30, 2015
    Seeing that I'm from the Arizona neck of the woods, I can also confirm that they're amazing with their customer service. If you swing into the showroom and simply mention you might need some extra primer pickup tips, they're more than happy to donate lots of extras. As stated by others any issues you may have will be met with essentially a new press after they're done looking at it. Great company all-around.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Bought a 550 beginning of last year because I started cowboy shooting or at least wanted to . Then everything ( components) dried up or are ridiculously priced . But it sure looks good.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Funny you mention this- I’ve had my 550 over 25 years and today called Maryland reloadR to see if he was still there since I’m thinking of getting a 750. He was there but sounds like he slowed down a bit but then again haven’t we all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I got mine in 97. 550B. I started with that one. I have not had any other presses. I've only had great support from them over the years.

I haven't had many problems or things to replace but they spend a lot of time on the phone with you when you have questions.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Funny you mention this- I’ve had my 550 over 25 years and today called Maryland reloadR to see if he was still there since I’m thinking of getting a 750. He was there but sounds like he slowed down a bit but then again haven’t we all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had a stroke a few years ago, but is still operating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have a 650 from the mid-90s.

I needed some small parts, so called them. Some parts were worn.

But I also needed a couple of locator buttons from where I dropped and lost them. And I told the rep that, and he still sent them for free.

Mine is so old there are not even the holes to grease it. If I send it to them, for $75 they will basically send me a new one with all the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom