• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heroin and related crimes on the rise

I graduated from WHS in '96. Is it worse now than it was then?
    I moved from near the college to beyond the outskirts about 10 years ago.
    The western half of Main Street doesn't look to have changed much, if you know what I mean..

There is a new-ish brew store in that building next to the railroad tracks between the library and O'Lourdens. Pretty nice.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I graduated from WHS in '96. Is it worse now than it was then?
    I moved from near the college to beyond the outskirts about 10 years ago.
    The western half of Main Street doesn't look to have changed much, if you know what I mean..

There is a new-ish brew store in that building next to the railroad tracks between the library and O'Lourdens. Pretty nice.

I was oblivious to Westminster in 96. I was in Sykesville (working in Aberdeen) and moved to White Marsh/Essex for a year in late 96. I didn't have much time for local news then.

I was oblivious to Westminster in 96. I was in Sykesville (working in Aberdeen) and moved to White Marsh/Essex for a year in late 96. I didn't have much time for local news then.

Gotcha. I don't live downtown anymore, so I'm kind of oblivious to it now.

It was really bad in the mid to late 90's. Many of my classmates would drive "in town" to Park Heights every day during or after school to get weed, heroin, and/or crack. Several teenagers died, including the kid across the street from me who I drove to school with every day.
    It all seemed like a lot of fun at the time, but it's pretty horrible to reflect back on.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Gotcha. I don't live downtown anymore, so I'm kind of oblivious to it now.

It was really bad in the mid to late 90's. Many of my classmates would drive "in town" to Park Heights every day during or after school to get weed, heroin, and/or crack. Several teenagers died, including the kid across the street from me who I drove to school with every day.
    It all seemed like a lot of fun at the time, but it's pretty horrible to reflect back on.

Everyday there are some "interesting folks" hanging around the library. I'm pretty sure there are some side streets (around Lincoln) that are having some problems as well.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    This? :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 154

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I was there today for hours. Got a nice lunch at O'Lordan's and did some shopping at Home Depot. A nice place to live. Just take your time and choose a neighborhood wisely.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Everyday there are some "interesting folks" hanging around the library. I'm pretty sure there are some side streets (around Lincoln) that are having some problems as well.

Drug dealers and prostitutes. The sad part is that no one in city government seems to care, including the Mayor who scammed a disability retirement from the State Police, treats the city Police like garbage and allows the municipality he's responsible for to decay. It's ridiculous.

One of my relatives came for a visit and I took her around downtown Westminster. Her first question when we passed the library was "Is that a juvenile facility?" When I told her it was the city library she couldn't believe it.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    Drug dealers and prostitutes. The sad part is that no one in city government seems to care, including the Mayor who scammed a disability retirement from the State Police, treats the city Police like garbage and allows the municipality he's responsible for to decay. It's ridiculous.

One of my relatives came for a visit and I took her around downtown Westminster. Her first question when we passed the library was "Is that a juvenile facility?" When I told her it was the city library she couldn't believe it.

Yea the library is bed bug haven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom