• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ya, I have a 9 Glock love the little gun.

Im going to hang out and hope for one I can convert since I dont have a .40 glock and dont want to start collecting mags for another platform, but thought it was worth posting for anyone hunting for one.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    That's the gun I'm sneaking into the FEMA camp when they take me.

Absolute

Jan 10, 2013
    Howard County, MD
    I have to add that my sub2000 is a lot more comfortable to shoot after adding the cheesy butt pad.

A few more inches made all the difference. [ insert "thats what she said" joke here ]

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sold out....KYGCO gets some good prices but they are usually gone once they hit slickguns.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Y'all know that's list price, right?

Kel-tec's list price is like asking $600 for gold.............the days of $299 ($409 MSRP) Sub2k's are gone and likely not coming back soon. They have been $450 to $500 for years (and even more during the Zippy saga of this year).

Frankly, Kel-tec has really messed up on business model. They make very low-cost products that they could turn-out in mass. While I dont know what their investment in production capacity has been, it obviously has not been enough to meet demand or they wouldnt be continually changing their MSRP.

Remember when KSG's were supposed to be $800 but now MSRP is around $990 with sales consistently around $1000 to $1100.

When people want a product, MSRP is meaningless.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Kel-tec's list price is like asking $600 for gold.............the days of $299 ($409 MSRP) Sub2k's are gone and likely not coming back soon. They have been $450 to $500 for years (and even more during the Zippy saga of this year).

Frankly, Kel-tec has really messed up on business model. They make very low-cost products that they could turn-out in mass. While I dont know what their investment in production capacity has been, it obviously has not been enough to meet demand or they wouldnt be continually changing their MSRP.

Remember when KSG's were supposed to be $800 but now MSRP is around $990 with sales consistently around $1000 to $1100.

When people want a product, MSRP is meaningless.

Not to make light of your situation, but the whole reason the Sub2K's are so popular is they're inexpensive, reliable little rifles which are still legal in places where something like that usually isn't. They make so little product they fly under the radar of the morons in a lot of state legislatures. When was the last time you heard about any rifle by Keltec in the news?

BTW, firearms are not Keltec's main source of income, which is why they don't make as much product as other companies.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    $399 was a great price.

Kel Tec's business model is fine. You need to understand the economics behind capital intensive manufacturing.

Saying "Just make more and people will buy more", only looks good on the back of a napkin.

I just took my little Sub 2K out the other day. Except for the burns on my arm and face, it was great to shoot again! I wish someone would make a little deflector for that thing so us lefties can REALLY enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom