• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    They were trying to sell 50 something dollar boxes ( 50 rd) of basic quality 9mm mid-panic. There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

They have some terrible prices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Short of them offering Lake City 193 for five cents a round they can forget getting any of my money. Screw that place. They had a decent deal a few weeks ago... I bought for a few cents more per round from someone who didn't gouge me when times were tough.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I agree that price is extremely high but who has it cheaper in stock? If you need it, there it is. If you don't need it that bad (and I can't imagine anyone would) just pass. .22 has been notoriously hard to find, so of course the price is high. When Cabela's has it, it blows out of stock pretty fast. If you look on CTD's website they do have other ammo that is reasonably priced. Just my corporation-loving/capitalist/Libertarian/free market $.02.

I understand the law of supply and demand. That being said, I have chosen to stop doing business with them.
    I feel the same about DSG after they cancelled all of the Black Friday AR purchases because of New Town. They proved they are not 2A friendly.

On the other hand, I do agree with companies who won't ship "questionable" items to Maryland because our market is too small for their attorneys to thoroughly go over SB281 and determine what they can and can't ship to Maryland. On this same note, I'm convinced the reason most of the straggling MD FFL's started 8 day releases is because Bass Pro did. Bass Pro has the resources to pay attorneys to determine the legality of it and once they did, the other FFL's realized it must be OK.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I agree that price is extremely high but who has it cheaper in stock? If you need it, there it is. If you don't need it that bad (and I can't imagine anyone would) just pass. .22 has been notoriously hard to find, so of course the price is high. When Cabela's has it, it blows out of stock pretty fast. If you look on CTD's website they do have other ammo that is reasonably priced. Just my corporation-loving/capitalist/Libertarian/free market $.02.

Constitutional Firearms had some of them on 9/30/2013 and I though at $45.00 they were high.

Thanks
    Robert

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

I have seen a brick of 500 federal bulk come up a few days ago for $32.
    If you look around you can find good ammo at reasonable prices.
    I found some quality target ammo for $60 a brick yesterday and made a purchase.

What CTD is doing is fine by me, and I consider the high price as out of stock and out of their minds.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    CTD can go frog themselves.

Conversely, AIM surplus will have my business forever for going the opposite way during the panic. Although their ammo and guns were out of stock almost before you knew it, they were at (relatively) good prices

Sirex