• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Looking to pickup a VZ58 from czechpoint when the next batch rolls around. What would be a good IP near the MD border where I could have it sent so I could take the fun sized mags home with me legally?

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    True, guess i should have been more clear. Im right around bmore, so anything up the I83 stretch would be ideal. Even as far over as gettysburg, thats hardly a bad drive.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Gary (hogsniper) at High Rock Outfitters in Hanover is my go to guy.

High Rock is awesome, not sure why he disappeared from the IP list. Guy always got the sweetest deals on Savages and Marlins.

I noticed someone above mentioned Duffy's given you are looking for a VZ58 they almost always have a good stock. Bought two of them from them myself. They can order with 10rd mags and then you can just get fun sized at the next gunshow and they are not hard to find. Remember you can also get a sweet shooting 5.56 as well.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    High Rock is awesome, not sure why he disappeared from the IP list. Guy always got the sweetest deals on Savages and Marlins.

I noticed someone above mentioned Duffy's given you are looking for a VZ58 they almost always have a good stock. Bought two of them from them myself. They can order with 10rd mags and then you can just get fun sized at the next gunshow and they are not hard to find.

I texted Gary the other day and asked what happened to his IP status. He is still around but has his hands full with other things and missed his renewal. He will be back :thumbsup:

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    Freedom Armory
    10598 2nd Amendment Drive
    Glen Rock, PA 17327

Phone: (800) 217-1218
    Phone: (717) 227-9060

Just off I-83 not far north of the MD line

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Freedom Armory
    10598 2nd Amendment Drive
    Glen Rock, PA 17327

Phone: (800) 217-1218
    Phone: (717) 227-9060

Just off I-83 not far north of the MD line

Not an IP. But, a nice shop. They have a very nice showroom now. A great selection of illegal in MD rifles. There was a DSA SA58 Para SBR that I'm in love with.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Looking to pickup a VZ58 from czechpoint when the next batch rolls around. What would be a good IP near the MD border where I could have it sent so I could take the fun sized mags home with me legally?

I have several czechpoint VZ58s in stock, all in 7.62x39. They are availble with wood furniture, phenolic, and black polymer.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have done business (and will continue to do so....) with both High Rock and Duffy's.

You cannot go wrong either way. If the rifle comes transferred with multiple mags, you certainly do NOT want to lose them. Transfer via a PA FFL would be your only option. If not a current IP, make sure they understand what you are trying to do. Not all understand the Md law.

Except for the fair bit of kick, I love my VZ2008... Plenty accurate. I put a recoil pad on mine and that helps.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Id probably go to PA, since czechpoint ships em with two mags and that would suck watching them get taken away. High rock sounds like the way to go. Apparently hes not like beetlejuice though, thought he might appear if his name gets said three times!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Id probably go to PA, since czechpoint ships em with two mags and that would suck watching them get taken away. High rock sounds like the way to go. Apparently hes not like beetlejuice though, thought he might appear if his name gets said three times!

You should at least go look at the options with Duffys (nothing against gary) but sounds like they have all three in stock and you can see how the look in each stock. Mine are both black poly, someday when I get another safe I would love to get the phenolic (beaver barf) and wood stocked.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I texted Gary the other day and asked what happened to his IP status. He is still around but has his hands full with other things and missed his renewal. He will be back :thumbsup:

I'm very glad to hear that Gary will be back. I've bought some things from him and he is great.

Cal68

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

I noticed someone above mentioned Duffy's given you are looking for a VZ58 they almost always have a good stock. Bought two of them from them myself. They can order with 10rd mags and then you can just get fun sized at the next gunshow and they are not hard to find. Remember you can also get a sweet shooting 5.56 as well.

It looks like he is still on/back on the IP list

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=53461

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD

We don't take mags away, we non-destructively block them to 10rds or less. You can always repair magazines out of state to the original intended capacity and lawfully bring them back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom