• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I got one too. Very nice, except for the sh_tty trigger. Right, Lou?

I took mine apart (the trigger was not bad, just heavy), but there was a BUNCH of junk in the trigger area. Gritty dirty. Just a good cleaning helped a LOT.

But pull is still heavy. Trying to decide whether to send it out, or mess with it myself.

elbert

Aug 22, 2013
    here
    Out of curiosity, which handguns have both a safety and a decocker at the same time (in other words, P07 doesn't count since you can switch between either, but not have both)? Hammer or striker fired.

And of those, which can be carried cocked and locked (so the 92FS is out)?

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Out of curiosity, which handguns have both a safety and a decocker at the same time (in other words, P07 doesn't count since you can switch between either, but not have both)? Hammer or striker fired.

when i apply the safety on the p-95, it drops the hammer

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Sig226.
    The TacOps model comes standard with 20 round mags (you'll obviously have to receive those out of state). They are tack drivers, smooth shooting, and with the SRT are great for competition. The only way the TacOps may not meet your specifications is that it has a grip that is designed for fairly large hands.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

Any modern HK handgun (except the VP9) in will have a configuration of manual safety, decocker, DA/SA, hammer-fired. This is a "V1" USP configuration.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013

FNX-9

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia

HK USP and USP Compact for sure. I owned both an HK USP-C in .357 Sig and a Sig P229 in the same caliber. After about a year of practice and matches I had to choose 1 to keep. I chose the HK. Not because it shot better than the Sig as they were both good. But the HK with the low power spring kit vs the Sig with the short trigger kit was a win for the HK. Plus the advantage of changing calibers with only a barrel change. With the Sig the only change that was barrel only was to .40. Changing to 9mm required different mags also. The HK grip is smaller also and fit me better.

As for cocked and locked that is an SA only thing generally as any DA gun is ready to shoot without having to be C&L'd. Still I am pretty sure the HK USP/USPC can carry that way also.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Daewoo DP51.

Can be carried cocked and locked. Or decocked and carry hammer down with a DA first shot. IIRC, you can also have the hammer down and the safety on.

The "fast action" trigger mechanism allows the hammer to be decocked while still keeping the mainspring compressed. A light pull on the trigger causes the hammer to flick back, after which the pistol would behave in conventional single-action (SA) mode.

The pistol can also be fired in conventional single- and double-action (DA) modes. The "fast action" mode allows the trigger travel of DA mode and the trigger weight of SA mode. This allows a more accurate first shot due to the lighter weight of the trigger. It is also safer due to the longer trigger travel required to fire the pistol. The factory magazines hold 13 rounds. Smith & Wesson 59-series magazines are compatible with the DP51 but will protrude slightly.

The pistol also has an ambidextrous safety and three-dot sights. It is also equipped with a firing pin block which (as its name implies) blocks the firing pin from moving forward unless the trigger is pulled.

It is also notable that Lionheart industries now makes an updated version of this pistol, the LH9, LH9C, and LH9 MK2 (amongst other variants). Differences between the updated versions and the originals are mostly formalistic however; Different grips, hammer style, firearm coating etc

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    OP didn't like the FNX grip feeling. There are some aftermarket options, but I've never tried them.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I don't believe I've seen a striker-fired handgun with a decocker which the OP stipulated must be present. Google searching reveals some Taurus that is striker fired and features a decocker, but we've made so many better recommendations.

The Walther P99AS is striker-fired with a decocker. Great shooter (trigger has a really clean break in SA mode) with 15mag capacity and runs about $500 new. But it has no manual safety which is also on the OP's list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom