• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quickdraw17

I'd rather be shooting...
    Jun 24, 2013
    Check out GG&G from Arizona. I have a set of their BUIS and I have no complaints.

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    This is the setup that I've got on my rifle.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D3OBHK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Before the flames get turned on, I plan on running a 1-4 optic on it, so this was truly meant to be used as a BUIS. Plus, would rather put the $70 saved into a better optic. There's no plastic in it, and does what I need it to do. In hindsight I don't know if the 45 was completely necessary, but I figured it'd allow me to not be inhibited by the optic should anything happen.

The only problem with the 45 is that my castle nut is constantly coming loose due to the angle, no matter how hard I tighten it down. I didn't really want to loctite/stake it, but it's looking like it's going to have to happen.

Not trying to bust your balls, but buying cheap irons, even if solely used as a back-up, is just as bad as buying cheap optics. They might be fine for a range toy, but nothing I'd stake my life on. IMHO your irons should be more reliable than your primary optic of choice. I've seen my fair share of Chinese made irons fail miserably. Buy once... you know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom