• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    Anyone have suggestions on the best and decently priced arrows for hunting and a little target shooting. Right now I’m shooting some very old gold tip expedition hunters and figure it’s time for an upgrade. I was thinking for something under $150 a dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone have suggestions on the best and decently priced arrows for hunting and a little target shooting. Right now I’m shooting some very old gold tip expedition hunters and figure it’s time for an upgrade. I was thinking for something under $150 a dozen.

I've always used Beman ICS Hunters(Eastman now?). Very affordable and accurate enough. The best thing about them is they are easy to find.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have been pleased with Easton Axis, but completely depends on bow draw length, draw weight and bow speed.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Is there something wrong with your current gold tips that you are trying to improve on. I have slowly upgraded from the bass pro labeled gold tips, to hunters, to hunter xt, and now to hunter pros. The higher straightness tolerance is a treat to my self since work gives out $100-200 "pat on the back" gift cards.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have used gold tips for hunting for many years, no issues with any of their line of products.

I shoot skinnys for target (Victory VAP's), but they are not ideal for hunting shafts, so I stick with GT's for game arrows.

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    There is nothing wrong with them per say but they are probably 10 years old and I have just never tried anything else.

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    I've used Easton Classic hunter 6.5, those are great arrows for the price for 3D and hunting (not super heavy though), and if you want to shell out a little more, Easton Axis arrows in 5mm. I've only shot Easton arrows though.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I shot carbon express maxima hunters for a few years then went to the maxima reds. To be honest I didn’t really notice a difference and neither do the deer.
    I shoot a fixed broadhead with feather fletching at a mean right helical and they fly like lasers.

More in less as long as you match the spine to your bow set up and have your bow tuned right there are many options for a good hunting/ target arrow. I shot gold tips for a long time and they flew well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom