• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Recently saw .45 ACP for 46 cents/round, at or just short of the $23/50 rounds pack. Any way you guys will lower pricing to be slightly more competive down the road, maybe when you recoup some of the tooling/mfg sunk costs or even earlier? Thanks :)

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Recently saw .45 ACP for 46 cents/round, at or just short of the $23/50 rounds pack. Any way you guys will lower pricing to be slightly more competive down the road, maybe when you recoup some of the tooling/mfg sunk costs or even earlier? Thanks :)

Online pricing? Does it include shipping?

United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD

We will monitor local prices but we feel our price is good and folks are buying. If you are interested in quantity pricing we probably can do something with that. Thanks for the feedback.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    We will monitor local prices but we feel our price is good and folks are buying. If you are interested in quantity pricing we probably can do something with that. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Cory, just picked up a 100 rnd box of .45 ACP Federal Target Ammo for $46, locally...this was $4 cheaper than I saw at the last Frederick gun show. I reckon it can be had for comfortable margins for less than that. Just keeping ya'll in the loop of what's out there and how much per round.

United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks Cory, just picked up a 100 rnd box of .45 ACP Federal Target Ammo for $46, locally...this was $4 cheaper than I saw at the last Frederick gun show. I reckon it can be had for comfortable margins for less than that. Just keeping ya'll in the loop of what's out there and how much per round.

Sunir, surely you would want to support a local Rockville business AND a MD shooter IP... I'm sure you won't miss $4 to keep it real?

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    If you havent stopped in, the guys there are great! the store is being filled with gear and toys. It's a good clean shop and I like the setup and transfer fees/prices. I will be buying my next gun from these guys.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I did stop in, to check the place out and pick up that free 10-round tester pack the guys were giving out as samples a while back.
    :thumbsup:

And I agree - nice guys, nice looking shop, I have to go down there now and see how things are coming along.

On a related note, I finally had a chance to take those rounds out and put the downrange this past weekend (I had .40 since that's what I mostly shoot). Nice!

They shot clean, good grouping for 5 from a bench rest - about 2.5" at 15 yards, inaccuracy due to the shooter here, with the other 5 in a quicker string to test recoil. It was quite smooth, not snappy at all. Cycled and ejected just fine.

I've found my new source for .40 and (next up) 9mm, that's for sure!

I'll try some of the lightweight .45, I suppose, but I really hope we can get enough market demand to make it worth the investment in running off a batch of 230gr now and then!

Good to have you guys in the neighborhood, definitely.
    :party29:

United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys. We have been getting handguns in to the store over the last week and have a big Glock order coming in very soon. As far as the ammo goes, we will look at getting some 230gr .45 and will keep you posted. What kind of quantities would you be looking at getting?

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I'd be buying a hundred or two at a time, not in the thousands. It'll depend on how often I get out to the range, I'll be there a lot more from spring on...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    We package our handgun rounds in boxes of 50. The great news is we are not limiting the number of boxes that can be purchased. If we have it, you can buy it. No limits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom