• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I measure ammo in tons. Not rounds. LOL

Some day I'd like to measure ammo in barrels.

I wish it was "that's 4 52-gallon barrels of .223 in that corner"

But at least "That's an SKS barrel worth of 7.62x39."

Which, actually I guess depending on the caliber, might be an actual barrel worth of ammunition. The Federal barrels of ammo are 12,500 rounds of .223. That's maybe about .75-1.25 barrels to shoot all that depending on the material, rate of fire and how demanding your accuracy is. 7.62x39, especially a chrome lined barrel is probably two or three barrels of bullets to shoot it all.

Okay, yes, I'd like to measure my ammo in whole numbers of gun barrels it would take to shoot it all! :-D

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Some day I'd like to measure ammo in barrels.

I wish it was "that's 4 52-gallon barrels of .223 in that corner"

But at least "That's an SKS barrel worth of 7.62x39."

Which, actually I guess depending on the caliber, might be an actual barrel worth of ammunition. The Federal barrels of ammo are 12,500 rounds of .223. That's maybe about .75-1.25 barrels to shoot all that depending on the material, rate of fire and how demanding your accuracy is. 7.62x39, especially a chrome lined barrel is probably two or three barrels of bullets to shoot it all.

Okay, yes, I'd like to measure my ammo in whole numbers of gun barrels it would take to shoot it all! :-D

If you ever decide to fill some barrels let me know, I’m happy to help you out at rock bottom prices.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    When you worry about the integrity of your floor joists... you may have a problem :D

Lolli columns directly under the floor joists and the ammo stash help with that problem.....Or so I have heard....:innocent0

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I knew I was gonna get some flak for asking this question but I’d rather get good information. Tried searching if there was any type of MD restriction and didn’t see anything but asked anyway.

Not trying to hide anything. I want to abide by all the laws in MD, whether they are stupid/illogical or not. At the same time I’d rather not be in the radar of any type of agency especially when I’m new to the firearms world and don’t want any hassle if I have to get any background checks. Again, this is more of the paranoid side of me lol.

No need to be paranoid. That is exactly what the dildos in Annapolis want. They want you to be afraid to exercise your rights. Piss on them. Buy as much ammo as you can store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom