• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdshooterguy2820

Aug 26, 2011
    Joppa, MD
    I must say as a noob this was a great show for me. Last week's Harford County show was my first and not really what I was expecting. I actually didn't know what to expect, but had been there before for tool shows and knew that the venue wasn't big at all. The Howard County show on the other hand was much more what I was expecting and what a great time. I'm actually happy that I didn't have much time to spend there because I know the time to money ratio would have greatly gone in the wrong direction. I got in, did a quick sweep of the place, and grabbed what I wanted and left within an hour. Definitely a great show that I would love to spend some more time at that work is prohibiting for tomorrow. I can't wait to hit on of the PA shows you guys talk about. I'm sure I will be blown away.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Some of the stuff
    Big can

ry%3D400

Big can opened with the smaller cans inside

ry%3D400

The Mini from Lou

ry%3D400

The two Garands from CMP from Wednesday,, foreground is the SGS, back round is the correct,, apart being cleaned. Both are HRA with LMR barrels

ry%3D400

Tom

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Those Mini 14's Lou has are really nice. I saw him sell at least four of them this morning before 10:30. If you want one you better get there in the next hour or so.

if you have any left w wooden stocks i'll be up tomorrow morning, wife wants to buy it for me for xmas

They way I saw that they were selling today, I do not expect there to be any tomorrow.

i dont but:fingerscrossed: i always miss the good stuff:sad20:

Had to go back to the shop after the show closed today to load up several more Ruger Stainless GB Mini-14's to take to the show Sunday morning. There will be wood stocked and black polymer stocked GB Mini-14's waiting at Shooters Discount Sunday morning for those that weren't able to make it to the show Saturday.:)

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Had to go back to the shop after the show closed today to load up several more Ruger Stainless GB Mini-14's to take to the show Sunday morning. There will be wood stocked and black polymer stocked GB Mini-14's waiting at Shooters Discount Sunday morning for those that weren't able to make it to the show Saturday.:)

:D:thumbsup:

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Went to the show. Picked up 400 .45acp cases, some primers, reloading plastic boxes, Talked with the guys form Bulletmen (alpha bravo manu) and one box of FMJ .451. Just waiting on my dies and off we go. Waiting period up tuesday on Llama 1911.

Oh yea got a couple 1911 mags. $8 each. One guy had them for 18. WTH

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I also saw Discount selling the GB's like concert tickets. If I didn't have two plus an AC, I would get one. New ones are basically twice the price.

Not a lot of good deals other than that. I still want another M&P 15-22, but the only basic one that I saw was $489. That is what I paid for my 15-22 MOE. There was a dealer there from Hagerstown (3R) with some really good prices on Rugers. I saw a 10/22 at another table for $309 and the guy from Hagerstown had the same model for $214.

Way back when, I bought my GP100 from 3R.
    They had good prices on Rugers back then.

Ran into a couple of MDS folks today at the show.
    Good to know we are out there.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I still haven't been able to get to Mt Airy to check out the Mini's. I must have one. I thought I would be able to slip out one day but it hasn't worked out. Howard County tomorrow isn't going to happen, so I'm holding out and hoping there will be some left for Timonium show in a couple of weeks. I've managed to keep most of the cash from being spent, but if I wait much longer the Mini's or the cash will be gone.

stevekaw

Jul 4, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Didn't buy anything major, but I appreciate that the aisles at this show are wide and crowding is minimal, even when things are busy!

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I'd have bought one of the excellent Mini-14's from Shooters Discount but didn't have enough cash. Maybe I should sell some of my extra firearms, if there is such a thing.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    On the way to the Marriottsville range this morning I made a side trip back to the show, and picked up the Winchester 94 Ranger AE in .30-30. Just had to get my first lever gun.

What a beautiful day to be outside. :thumbsup:

Bryan

ESS

Jul 14, 2010
    Carroll Co.
    OK, now you all did it.

Shooters Discount will be there with some really good deals on some nice stuff (guns). I'm not going to name any specific makes or models as some have yet to arrive. If all comes in on a timely basis, alot of folks won't be dissapointed.

Lou,

you had a nice display. I was going to say hello but you were filling out paperwork as usual.

:)

clarkcondor

Mar 29, 2011
    Catonsville
    In general a good show for Maryland. Plenty of room with wide aisles. Beef jerky was available. Shooters Discount was by far the busiest vendor while I was there. Thinking about going to Harrisburg...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom