• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr H

Banana'd
    ... Which does exactly bupkis to effect crime.

This is proof to anyone who has been blind and compliant all these years that 'gun control' has only one primary goal... control.

Confiscation would not be far behind.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    And now the Fuds will regret not joining in sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    And now the Fuds will regret not joining in sooner

I certainly F-ing hope so.

That's it, I'm going to take a few days off to go down to Annapolis this year. I can't really afford it with my work the way it is right now, but I can't afford to have these people legislate away my rights, either.

Anyone else want to put in a bulk order for a ton of those "we will not comply" stickers?

Mar 3, 2013
    Theoretically, yes. It takes a little longer, but there is no centralized state database, unless you filled out a Maryland 77R.

Q

So, only handguns or rifles that you have to wait for are traceable? There is no records kept from cash and carry purchases?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Fudds are not going to help. It's not going to happen.

This Law is exactly what the Red Flag Law was created.

Step 1 (2013) - Ban a bunch of guns and regulate the hell out of handguns. This discourages people from buying and getting involved with gun ownership.

Step 2 (2017)- Red Flag Law and Bumpstock Ban. this allows Police to come into your home to look for things that you should not own (Banned Stuff) and add more charges. it also puts an additional Target on gun owners backs and discourages people from owning guns.

Step 3 - (2019) Regulate all firearms in the state so they can have a complete database of who owns what. This additional licensing scheme pushes people away from owning all types of firearms. It also bans the home manufacturer of firearms so nothing can be off paper.

Step 4 - (2020) Confiscation

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    We don’t. FBI is required to purge 4473 background check information within a certain period of time after an approval. 72hrs I think?

It isn’t registered with Maryland.

What blows my mind is that LGQL for even renting. Just thinking about the number of times I’ve taken someone to PGTS who doesn’t own guns who rented a shotgun there.

Not happening under this.

**** them.

PS I mean, for the whole proposed law, but so much of it is asinine.

The communist repulik of Maryland certainly does have a list/registry of your long guns. When I got my HQL I sent in the wrong page of my DD214. Lady called me and told me to fax page 4 and it will take 2 more weeks as my app would be put aside till it arrives , or she could put it thru now using my AK as proof

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    The communist repulik of Maryland certainly does have a list/registry of your long guns.

No they do not.

They have a registry of regulated firearms. This is all handguns and what were the formerly "regulated rifles" which are now banned. MD does not have any way of knowing about "normal" long guns that you own. They will if this bill passes, but they do not now.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    The way I see it, this effectively ends the sale of long guns in MD. Nothing here prevents anyone from going to an FFL in another state and buying one.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The way I see it, this effectively ends the sale of long guns in MD. Nothing here prevents anyone from going to an FFL in another state and buying one.

Except that they will no longer sell to MD residents.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Except that they will no longer sell to MD residents.

That's how I understand it. Don't sales in other state have to follow the law of the resident?

Probably a great way to defeat this Bill is plant the seed of unintended consequence, people will be buying rifles at every border of Maryland face to face, and bringing them back. Now you have even more rifles purchased that never went through NICs, than before this law! With DC's purchase laws and fees, people there are more apt to buy black market, bring that up.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I see no reason why

Because it would become illegal on a Federal level. An FFL is only allowed to sell to someone who resides in a different state if that sale would be legal in the state where the FFL is AND in the state of residence of the purchaser. If it becomes illegal to sell a long gun to anyone who doesn't have an LGQL in Maryland, then it is illegal for a resident of Maryland who doesn't have an LGQL to buy a long gun at an FFL in a different state.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Probably a great way to defeat this Bill is plant the seed of unintended consequence, people will be buying rifles at every border of Maryland face to face, and bringing them back.

I think this was your point, but that would be illegal also - residents of two different states can not sell any gun face to face. It must be handled by an FFL in the state of residence of the purchaser.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    If it becomes illegal to sell a long gun to anyone who doesn't have an LGQL in Maryland, then it is illegal for a resident of Maryland who doesn't have an LGQL to buy a long gun at an FFL in a different state.

I don't think you will have to worry about this. If this law passes no one outside of the state will want to sell you anything firearm related regardless of what is legal and what is not. We are seeing this right now with vendors that will not ship to MD residents regardless of the laws.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I will NOT COMPLY! Period! Its Unconstitutional first of all. Second of all they tried this crp in Canada and it didn't solve or prevent ONE crime. Placing more regulation on us, the law abiding gun owner, is NOT going to stop the Baltimore blood shed. This is more about politicians persecuting the people they don't like. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I will NOT comply! And neither should anyone else. Maybe if nobody registers their guns they'll get the message, but I doubt it.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I think this was your point, but that would be illegal also - residents of two different states can not sell any gun face to face. It must be handled by an FFL in the state of residence of the purchaser.

Purchaser state of residence only applies to hand guns currently. This would be a weird twist that would probably also require it for a long guns.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Even though I brought it up, the MD Hunting Coalition is currently mum on FB regarding this particular bill. They seem more concerned with the DNR whistle blower bill.

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    The problem is that people are willing to sacrifice liberty in the name of security/safety. And the narrative is controlled by the left wing media. What we need is to have an outlet to cry from the rooftops that legal gun ownership = safety. And at the same time that banning guns = higher crime. When a crime is thwarted by law abiding gun owners, you never hear a peep.

Until the public perception changes, we won't see an end to the erosion of rights. People don't know what living free is any more. We have gone hundreds of years without being overtly oppressed.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Purchaser state of residence only applies to hand guns currently. This would be a weird twist that would probably also require it for a long guns.

Oh you're right. The purchase must still be legal in both states, though, so again if this bill passed, it would be illegal for a Maryland resident without an LGQL to buy a long gun anywhere, in state, out of state, face to face, or otherwise.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Even though I brought it up, the MD Hunting Coalition is currently mum on FB regarding this particular bill. They seem more concerned with the DNR whistle blower bill.

Big surprise there. Maybe when the Fudds realize they can't walk out of WalMart with a rifle and two shotguns for the upcoming season they'll finally pay attention to how badly Annapolis has been giving it to gun owners.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom