• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Since I started shooting clays, I have always brought my foldup wagon, since I was always bringing multiple shotguns. Today, I decided I was only shooting one shotgun, so I left the wagon at home. Big mistake. Between all of the weight I was carrying and the lack of a cooler for drinks and snacks, I was dragging an hour into the course. I don't see how the other shooters do this just carrying everything. Maybe it's that I'm out of shape. Either way, I'm just packing the wagon along from now on. Anyone else use a wagon or cart?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Some folks use a little gun buggy, aka stroller. I just helped another member here re-fit a high end jogging stroller (can be found used on Craigslist, Ebay, etc).

Looks like this:
    Resized_20181230_142149_6988.jpg Resized_20181230_142248_7557.jpg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Truth of the matter is, is about the shells and stuff, not really about the guns so much.

I can carry 100 shells with me but it's fairly miserable at the beginning. Much easier this way.

Full disclosure, I didn't outfit the original buggy, just swapped the stuff over, the gun brackets are fairly easy to find online.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    A friend of mine made me a shooting cart out if the harbor freight welding cart. Works well for fclass, but holds only 1 firearm.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I have never bothered, put 50 rounds in my vest and another 75 in a carry bag with a bottle of water. I shoot a lot of woods trail type sporting clays courses with pretty rough trails, would be a pain to push. I always walk the course and never use a cart, I enjoy the walking between stations.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I made one from a pull behind golf cart -$5 at Goodwill--- plastic bin (free sitting outside the back door of Subway-holds a dozen soda bottles) mounted on bottom with a set of ATV gun racks mounted on the handle---probably have $30 in the whole thing and folds up to fit in the back seat. Works as well as the $150+ Rugged Gear ones I see around. Guns are carried muzzle down---muzzles go into a pair of kids rubber boots-----another Goodwill purchase ($3) Look on line there are a lot of pics of home made gun carts.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I use a small folding dolly and an old milk crate. It allows me to carry up to three rifle cases, spotting scope, tripod, and range bag. An extra set of bungee cords helps to secure things while rolling.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i've brought my 3 gun converted jogging stroller to bull run several times, sure makes everything easier. a smallish backpack to hold ammo and water should work well also and easier to schlep around in your car.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Years ago I made a custom cart (mainly for tournaments), out of a cheap gold cart.

Two shotguns, a top tray to hold 4 boxes of shells, level, so the boxes could be open. A tray along the upright that would hold 8 boxes of shells (needed to be closed boxes).

And I had a 4 or 5 inch PVC 45 degree into a long bag for empties.

It worked quite well.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    PJ swapped the mounts from my old set up to the new one in the pics. My original was still working fine but was worn from hauling the weight of three guys shells and gear around for a couple few years. I think PJ would agree that lots of folks poke fun at the stroller set ups until they ask to put their shells in it for the round. Lol.

I got the new one from my sister and it’s very well built. Hoping it lasts a long while b/c carrying 100-250 shells plus gear sucks.

Here’s the old set up

15546e8ec241cec21ae73da55962f506.jpg

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I didn’t think there was anyone that didn’t use a gun buggy or a golf cart (for you and the guns) nowadays. Especially at the big shoots.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I found pics of my shotgun caddy made from a gold cart. Two shoguns go muzzle up on each side. Top tray holds open boxes. Angled tray for spare boxes.

Pics are from many years after I used it and it was sitting outside.

You can't see, but on the left side (first pic) there is a PVC elbow to a bag for empty hulls.

Attachments

• shotgun caddy 2.jpg
      shotgun caddy 2.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 129
    • shotgun caddy.jpg
      shotgun caddy.jpg
      138.5 KB · Views: 125

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I found pics of my shotgun caddy made from a gold cart. Two shoguns go muzzle up on each side. Top tray holds open boxes. Angled tray for spare boxes.

Pics are from many years after I used it and it was sitting outside.

You can't see, but on the left side (first pic) there is a PVC elbow to a bag for empty hulls.

It would be hysterical to put a $40,000 gun in it and walk around a shoot. Imagine the looks you’ll get. Like WTF? He spent all his money on the gun and can’t afford a cart?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I didn’t think there was anyone that didn’t use a gun buggy or a golf cart (for you and the guns) nowadays. Especially at the big shoots.

I don't usually. Gear bag and pouch. Hopewell, Central Penn, Oxford we're all walking. Sometimes I'll skip the gear bag and load all 100 hulls in my shell pouch but it's uncomfortable.

I'm a 100 and done chump though. My clay shooting weekends are always filled with late afternoon/evening plans so golf cart can speed up if all 17 stations are busy with people.

Usually the trips to Pintail and Hopkins someone brings a golf cart but I've walked both plenty of times carrying stuff by hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom