Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 18th, 2020, 01:12 PM #121

Does anyone know of a MD dealer who has the CMMG banshee in stock? I would like to hold one to see if it fits me.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2020, 03:19 PM #122
Major Deplorable

Major Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
Now that it's looking like the proposed MD AWB expansion is DOA and I don't need to blow through a ton of cash all the sudden, I have been thinking about upgrading my AR-9 PCC to the Taccom ESSB/DBRS magnetically delayed blowback system. I am skeptical it's as good as RDB or the MPX's piston system, but any advantage in terms of keeping that dot steady during recoil seems like a good thing.
You think the mpx rifles are worth the 1,600 bucks, vs the competitors?

I wish the stribog rdb would hurry up already.
Old February 18th, 2020, 03:59 PM #123
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstarr View Post
You think the mpx rifles are worth the 1,600 bucks, vs the competitors?
With all things, you pay more and more for less and less performance. Which is to say, you can get 80% of the performance for 50% of the cost. But if 100% of the performance is your goal, you're paying 100% of the cost. When I say performance, I don't mean end results. You cannot buy end results; they're mostly a product of skill modified by the platform you're shooting. What you're buying is a product that will let you use your skills to 100%.

That is a long-winded way of saying, yes, I think it's worth it IF you are shooting in a context where maximum performance is a thing.

One other consideration is that if you shoot enough, the cost of the gun is secondary to the cost of ammo. The cost of an MPX PCC is, more or less, eight thousand rounds of quality 9mm. If it's my main competition PCC, chances are good that I am going to be putting way more than that through it over its lifetime between matches and practice. I mean, you can do the math here: if a typical SC match is 125 rounds, and I spend 125 rounds practicing per match, that's 250 rounds for every match. If I shoot 8 matches a year, I'm going to be through 8k rounds in 4 years. It adds up fast.
Old February 18th, 2020, 08:40 PM #124
Major Deplorable

Major Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
With all things, you pay more and more for less and less performance. Which is to say, you can get 80% of the performance for 50% of the cost. But if 100% of the performance is your goal, you're paying 100% of the cost. When I say performance, I don't mean end results. You cannot buy end results; they're mostly a product of skill modified by the platform you're shooting. What you're buying is a product that will let you use your skills to 100%.

That is a long-winded way of saying, yes, I think it's worth it IF you are shooting in a context where maximum performance is a thing.

One other consideration is that if you shoot enough, the cost of the gun is secondary to the cost of ammo. The cost of an MPX PCC is, more or less, eight thousand rounds of quality 9mm. If it's my main competition PCC, chances are good that I am going to be putting way more than that through it over its lifetime between matches and practice. I mean, you can do the math here: if a typical SC match is 125 rounds, and I spend 125 rounds practicing per match, that's 250 rounds for every match. If I shoot 8 matches a year, I'm going to be through 8k rounds in 4 years. It adds up fast.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I like the new model with the timney trigger. Some have taken issue with the folding brace mount being too close to hitting their teeth when shooting it Iíve heard. Thatís a concern as well of mine.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns